888 set up

dupes

Squid
Can anyone help me tune a set of 2008 888's not sure of the model. they came on the 2008 Aline park, they have air valves on both side at the top and rebound and compression knobs on the lowers. need to know stuff like how much air should be in them any help would be good.

Last edited:

chris95

Likes Dirt
Well i have never used 2088 888( jokes ) The air on the top is the air preload, If the forks are too soft add a few psi into each leg and that will harden the sping up a bit, If there too hard take some out but you will have to look in the manual to see whats the max and min pressures, As for the rebound just have a play with if until it feels good to you, Too much and you will find yourself bouncing off everything and too slow you will feel very slugish ect. As for the compression again you will just have to have a play with it until it feels good, Most people try to run None to a little compression but its up to you.

1 thing that you can do is the tie a cable tie around the stantions then go for a run down your local Dh track and see how much travel you have used, You want it to be fairly close to bottoming out so that you are using the full tavel. And if you are not close to using the full travel take some air out and if you are bottoming hard youll need to add some air.

hope I have helped

Chris

ajay

^Once punched Jeff Kennett. Don't pick an e-fight
Just to clarify, preload should not be substituted for the correct spring weight - its PRE load, not LOAD.

chris95

Likes Dirt
Just to clarify, preload should not be substituted for the correct spring weight - its PRE load, not LOAD.
I realise that He will need a new spring is its way off, But for quick adjustments that he can do himself that is the way to soften/harden the forks up a bit.