650b tyre for concrete bike path

glenn l

Squid
hi guys,

im after a tyre with low rolling resistance for use on concrete bike paths that can also do a little bit of off road (dirt/lillydale toppings) type of thing.

is there any thing out there to suit a 650b?

bike is a 2014 giant trance.

tia glenn.

redline316

Likes Dirt
hi guys,

im after a tyre with low rolling resistance for use on concrete bike paths that can also do a little bit of off road (dirt/lillydale toppings) type of thing.

is there any thing out there to suit a 650b?

bike is a 2014 giant trance.

tia glenn.
Prob look at a maxxis crossmark or a racing ralph.

The Duckmeister

Has a juicy midrange
Although there's not a huge range yet, there are more semi-slick, touring-type tyres becoming available in 27.5". Do something nuts & go and visit a shop, they'll be able to point you at something.

richie_gt

Likes Bikes and Dirt
also they have just released the Larsen TT in 650B
Going to have to look these up for my 650b...just done a google search, can't find them, link?

I run Larsen's F & R on my 26inch shitter commuter and they are great!

Ok on the road (I've worn them down a fair bit) but they are also great in the dirt - really good compromise tyre IMO!

Last edited:

Ezkaton

Eats Squid
I'd go with Larsens over Crossmarks, but mostly because the Crossmarks flick too much shit up when you hit dirt or gravel.

bell.cameron

Likes Dirt
Please please please look at the Kenda Happy medium, not going to lie here but probably up there best rear tyre i have ever ridden. The slick center meanwhile i rate the side knobs as having better grip than my old Nobby Nics (which isn't a surprise cause schwalbe are shit but still.) Assuming you would take the bike for a little off road everyone once and a while.

*edit* note to read first post in entirety before posting*

Last edited:

slippy

Likes Bikes and Dirt
If you get a Maxxis tyre make sure it's the hardest (70a) compound. Anything else will get eaten up by tarmac.