6" to 7" travel bike

dupes

Squid
I'm looking for a 6"to 7" travel bike as a small dh rig and for the wife when she starts to ride again.
Any suggestions?

Mr Kurt

Likes Bikes and Dirt
what about one of the new Giant Reigns? nice and light, nice and small and would easily handle some light/moderate DH runs

BlakZ

Likes Dirt
Kona Entourage comes to mind.

Low BB, short chainstays, 170mm at the front and a downhill shock. They look awesome too.

jo fox

Likes Bikes
Pivot Firebird.
This is my DH race bike.
I have been racing DH for about 8 years and have had 3 full down hill bikes.
I have had the firebird for about a year now, and it does everything my DH rigs did only weighs about 5kgs less.
Bonus being you can take it trail riding too. I'm running rock shock Totem single crown on the front.
Can't fault this bike.
Foxy.

Sethius

Crashed out somewhere
Dartmoor wish, from $1249 frame only, and crazy pre-order pricing for 2012!

$2500 pre-ordered normally $2999.

I've been riding the prototype one for 12 months for DH and FR with XC duties thrown in and it's a treat.

Also have finance available for the bikes from $30-50 a week for them.
http://www.fearlesscycles.com.au/dartmoor/wish.html

Last edited:

Cuthbert

Likes Dirt
There's a few options around. What's your budget & are you looking for something DH specific or an all mountain type rig which can handle the odd bit of DH?

Daniel69

Likes Bikes
Hey mate i would suggest a scott Fr or definetly a kona entourage they are the way to go there slick and agile and look amazing!

Yippee_Ki_YayMF

Likes Dirt
I have no affiliation with this company, but they are Australian, and Australian made. So I love it.

Check out the Deubel 2UP. It can be built up Trail > DH, so it is very versatile.

There is a bloke rockin' one in the National series at the moment. He came second in Expert at the National Gravity Cup at Buller a couple of weeks ago. Check this helmet cam

He is sporting the same surname as the company, so he is obviously in deep with the brand, but his result speaks volumes for the bike. And it is a single crown fork.

He also came third at Stromlo yesterday, again on the same bike.

404971_291259524268638_248908435170414_835084_1238053015_n.jpg

They are a bit exy though, at around $5k, but worth a look at! :)

Last edited:

indica

Serial flasher
Buy a FFFF... Dartmoor Wish. They are tops, look great too.
I'd watch that Sethius character though... he's from Victoria. :biggrin:

Jaydawgz

Likes Dirt
Man, stop pushing this on everyone who wants to buy a bike. You keep spamming peoples threads with it. There is probably a reason why you haven't sold it in 3-4 months since you started advertising it.
I only post it on threads which relate to it, people looking for a bike, in this instinct, a 7" travel bike.

Some people don't look in the for sale threads, nor do they understand it all, especially if they're new to downhill.

If there's a reason, why not tell me?

dupes

Squid
I'm only looking for a frame and probably secondhand. budget will be around $700. all i ride is DH, but my local tracks don't need a full on DH bike so i wanted something small and light but will still handle the ruff stuff.

There's a few options around. What's your budget & are you looking for something DH specific or an all mountain type rig which can handle the odd bit of DH?

Jaydawgz

Likes Dirt
I'm only looking for a frame and probably secondhand. budget will be around $700. all i ride is DH, but my local tracks don't need a full on DH bike so i wanted something small and light but will still handle the ruff stuff.
Just a heads up for next time, these things should be included in your original posts.