55 RS price and are they good?

matt123

Likes Dirt
I was thinking of swapping my Marzocchi drop-off triples with someone for a set of new Marzocchi 55 RS forks.

I have just heard about their bad reputation.

I have tried googling the value but I couldnt find anything.

How much are Marzocchi 55 RS worth?
Would you reccomend them, if not why?
Is it a good idea to swap with no money exchanged

They're the ones im talking about^^

Thanks,
Matt

Attachments

Last edited:

scorpia26

Likes Bikes
Hey Matt,

I have the Norco Sasquatch and i can say those 55RS are a decent fork.
I haven't had any problems with them and i have yet to try them at my local DH track for some serious testing.

One negative i have is the fork feels a little rough. Proberly due to less oil in the forks :confused: .

Sorry can't find any prices on that fork but i'm guessing at the $600 range (may well be very wrong)

If all else fails and people dis it, look at the Rockshox domain 318 for $700 tbsm
http://tbsm.com.au/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=12_54&products_id=527

Thats my 2c hoepfully it helps :)

Hey mate I just got the sasquatch, and the forks feel quite nice, but For me they are a bit to soft, I will find out on monday whether or no there are interchangable springs to hardern them up a bit. That is my only problem with them.

Dan

trt-reece

Likes Dirt
I haven't run the 55's personally, but one of my good mates has them on his Norco Rampage and has nothing but trouble with them. He's had the bike for about a year, and has had the forks in and out of the shop many times.

Unfortunately for him, the other week they stripped a thread or something (I wasn't there for the bike mech's diagnosis) and now are locked at full compression. they have pretty much had it. He's certainly not a rough or heavy rider, so I wouldn't be putting it down to misuse.

I'm with scorpia26, scope a pair of domains (I'm running a pair at the moment and very stoked with them), and see what you think of them..

Good luck

By the way, I don't think you really need to post such a big picture of a bike with your post..

Pebble

Likes Bikes and Dirt
davo808 has a set of Domains going cheap quote from his Orange 222 bike thread...I'm sure he won't mind:D
I think its an 03/04 I'll post up the number later.

Yours looks rad mate, are they domains on the front? Coz I have a pair for $300 w raceface stem if you want a spare? lol
The raw looks nice, but you should defs paint it bight orange/green/blue something like that. :D
I've read about a lot of problems with Marz in general in the last few years. It's all "forum talk" obviously but either way my personal preference would be to go with Rock Shox, not that any fork is guaranteed to be trouble free, particularly if you are buying 2nd hand.

Khs_Cheunga

Likes Dirt
I ride on Marz 55 R's and they F***ing kick ass! Rebound is really responsive and air assist is great! Soaks up the big hits!

Im not sure if they are the pretty much the same as the 55RS, but if they are, go for it!