5.5 frame?

Hey all, am considering purchasing an '04 Kona Stuff because I've seen a secondhand one advertsied relatively cheap, haven't been able to look at it in person yet but the guy told me the frame size is 5.5. Being about 180cm tall I generally need a large framed bike would a 5.5 be big enough?

luke.b

Formerly DH Maniac
yea, 5.5 is like one of those funny lookin clown or 'monkey' bikes that people used to ride around.

pigman

Likes Dirt
It could be a trials bike 'cough' but 15.5 is much more sensible.

im a bout 180cm tall and ride a norco trials bike 13-14 frame size. i just put my seat up.

sawtell

The Great White Rooks Hunter
im 180 cms tall, for xc i ride around a 19 inch. for dj/park/street etc i ride a 15 inch da bomb.. so a 15.5 should be fine in the stand over area unless you have some really short legs and a massive torso!, you can always prop your seat up, but other things come into it, such as top tube length.

bing bong

Likes Dirt
im 182cm and i ride a 13.5, its not that hard and the seat is up a bit but its up to you, for street and dj smaller is better, but thats just me

Speedy

Likes Dirt
Try dropping the seat on whatever bike you have not to give you a rought idea, its not perfect but its a clue as to what it would be like to cruise on but the geo of the frame will still be diff so yeah

MATTY TYLER

Likes Dirt
yea im 183 cm, and i run a 13.5 inch, u just cant sit down and ride wen the deat down low. put it up and ur fine