33lb Intense M6

Earlysport

Likes Bikes
Thanks to all who voted for the M6 for BOtM - nearly knocked off the mega dollar Carbon wonder.. :)

It looks like I've tracked down a pair of 2011 Boxxer wc's too, which will bring my total weight to 14.9 kgs. Looking forward to Thredbo in January!

Cheers

Craig

muskimo

Likes Bikes and Dirt
The omni alloy cassette is a 9 speed 11-32t (i might even ride it up the occasional hill!) that weighs 140grams. Guessing it won't last near as long as a steel cassette but time will tell!

And yeah, seriously would like to put a boxxer WC on the front and save another 1lb of weight, maybe down the track when the bank balance recovers :)

Thanks for the positive comments guys!

Craig
with a Blonde Bikes Ti cassette (80g) could help you along the way. along with the X0 carbon upgrades (cut another 1/3 the weight in that area)

Those super star axles are frikken brilliant for saving weight.
Next time Iv got my axle out of the commencal I'll be checking the weight not a bad place to shave a few hundred grams.
What's the strength like in them if you know anything About that?
keep in mind WeeZe components they do light weight axle also. :D

ChopSticks

Banned
loving the ghetto DIY drilling on the shifter !!!!!!!

did you anodize the fork valve cap !?!?! I would LOVE to get my stock blue to be purple !!!!!!

Earlysport

Likes Bikes
loving the ghetto DIY drilling on the shifter !!!!!!!

did you anodize the fork valve cap !?!?! I would LOVE to get my stock blue to be purple !!!!!!
Didn't anodise the preload cap, just sprayed it with purple glass paint :)

And I did consider XO carbon cranks, but the $$ were just too much for me!

No Skid Marks

Blue Mountain Bikes Brooklyn/Lahar/Kowa/PO1NT Raci
Have you ever seen a windscreen replaced? They come out pretty easy. Just sayin.
Ditch the single plys for Thredbo, unless you're just staying on the B/"Flow" Track. Even an EXO Maxxis or whatever those 1.5plys are called didn't last me long on the front there, and I'm light as. Especially with Flow rims, as they'll get destroyed with out some protection.
Nice build and car.

Last edited:

muskimo

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Didn't anodise the preload cap, just sprayed it with purple glass paint :)

And I did consider XO carbon cranks, but the $$ were just too much for me!
X0 cranks are only a couple hundred now days. dropped massive in the past 6months. keen as to swap from descendants to X0 for mine

Danoz

Likes Dirt
Both rides looking neat as! Love the idea with the suction cups, tried it out with some camera mount cups on my audi tts, works a treat thanks!

SideFX

Likes Bikes and Dirt
If you really want to get rid of all the black paint on your frame , use wooden skewers that u would use for a BBQ and paint stripper .

Earlysport

Likes Bikes
Have you ever seen a windscreen replaced? They come out pretty easy. Just sayin.
Ditch the single plys for Thredbo, unless you're just staying on the B/"Flow" Track. Even an EXO Maxxis or whatever those 1.5plys are called didn't last me long on the front there, and I'm light as. Especially with Flow rims, as they'll get destroyed with out some protection.
Nice build and car.
I actually have replaced windscreens - both old school and new bonded windscreens. You can't get a bonded screen out without cutting the seal or smashing the glass, and both are tough! I can't imagine my rear bonded screen possibly coming out. I am a long term amateur mechanic (mostly old stuff) and still enjoy working on stuff. Actually just started a DJ bike build that is letting me play around with my painting gear and some different ideas to what I've seen before.. Will post up a build thread when I get a bit further along..

Good tip on the tires for Thredbo. I've got some dual ply minions and also a Havoc DH wheel set ill be bringing down. I am going to try the singles though to see how they hold up, knowing I've got a spare wheel set down with me.

Cheers.

No Skid Marks

Blue Mountain Bikes Brooklyn/Lahar/Kowa/PO1NT Raci
I actually have replaced windscreens - both old school and new bonded windscreens. You can't get a bonded screen out without cutting the seal or smashing the glass, and both are tough! I can't imagine my rear bonded screen possibly coming out. I am a long term amateur mechanic (mostly old stuff) and still enjoy working on stuff. Actually just started a DJ bike build that is letting me play around with my painting gear and some different ideas to what I've seen before.. Will post up a build thread when I get a bit further along..

Good tip on the tires for Thredbo. I've got some dual ply minions and also a Havoc DH wheel set ill be bringing down. I am going to try the singles though to see how they hold up, knowing I've got a spare wheel set down with me.

Cheers.
Well you seem to know more than me. Manslaughter charge possibly if it comes off and kills someone behind.
Carry a tube with the single plys and:pray: