2XU Elite Cycle Short

Goocharlton

Likes Dirt
What do you guys think of them? Worth the spending? What bad about them? Anything else I should know?

What prices am I looking at for them?

Lanky Love

Likes Dirt
i dont know about the ones your talking about, but look at some nike shorts. they are the most comfartable shorts ive used and theyre bloody strong, ive fallen on gravle and farliy high speeds and they havnt ripped.

Trevor_S

Likes Dirt
i dont know about the ones your talking about,
http://www.2xu.com/cycle/index-cycleshorts.html
What do you guys think of them?
A female friend has a womens pair and she loves them, most comfortable knicks she has ever tried. They seem a little expensive for me, I just go with a cheap pair when I need them from time to time from probikekit.com eg
http://probikekit.com/display.php?code=C9837
http://probikekit.com/display.php?code=C9838

LJohn

Likes Dirt
Good for the first little while, chamois are not great. Lots of saddle sores unless you use a chamois cream. It is a fancified foam pad, a good one, but still a foam pad. (feels cheap.)

I've had better luck with louis garneau bibs. Nice chamois.

King of 'em all, Exte Ondo. Natural chamois (stays nice and soft, don't worry) and extremely comfortable.

And a great pair of knicks are worth heir weight in gold.

Last edited:

ducan

Likes Dirt
2XU reminds me of triathletes ** BLEEEH **

Though i looked into buying a pair of the elite knicks they look like they are worth the money... I just didn't have that much at the time.

bazza

look at me
tried and tested to breaking point the giodarna silverline knicks both in the shorts and the bib and both going strong. the shorts have finally got some stress tears in after crashing in them numerous times on the mountain bike though after over a year of hard use. now just use them with a nice light pair of shorts over the top to cover the hole up! about to try out the next ones up which are the tenax's so if they are anything like the silverlines i am going to be very pleased. pretty decent prices as well for what your getting and the life you get out of them! i think the silverlines are 110 and the tenax's are 150-170.

topher

Likes Dirt
2xu knicks are alright, the stitching the the chamois has started to come undone only after 6 months. I prefer the vermac knicks, still got a pair from 2 years ago. You get what you pay for really

Some Guy

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I like my 2XU bib. Comfortable and quite cool. The chamois isn't the best I've used, but it's perfectly fine.

bighitter

Likes Bikes and Dirt
When it comes to Knicks quality is everything and you get what you pay for...
The pairs ive found which are the best are Exte ondo, Assos, DeMarchi and Nalini

bazza

look at me
When it comes to Knicks quality is everything and you get what you pay for...
The pairs ive found which are the best are Exte ondo, Assos, DeMarchi and Nalini
have you tried the giordana tenax laser knick yet?

also does anyone else not really enjoy the sensation of climbing in bib knicks? i don't really enjoy the feeling of the material on my stomach it just feels really weird. i am debating either getting the silverline bibs again which i find are quiet good, but again that pressure on the stomach thing, or going back to shorts. in theory if the quality of the lycra is good enough than the fit should be pretty close to that of the bibs....

Ham

Likes Bikes and Dirt
i have a full 2xu kit because the local bike store i ride for has the team kit made by them.

I like them there comfy but the chamois is a bit too thin for my liking so i tend to wear some other nicks for training.

as for bib nicks i much prefer them so im not having to stop and re-adjust after a couple of hours.

arpit

Banned
I love my (06) Cannondale Surpass bibs.

Pros -
Cheap (From CRC)
Grey, not black - look quite good
Chamois is incredibly soft and comfortable

Cons -
Chamois is so soft that you get an urge to stroke it. Hell, you could rub your face in it and it would feel good. Why is this a con? Well, think about succumbing to this urge in the pub after the ride...

PDogg

Manly Warringah MTB Club
Roughly six months into the deal, I can't say enough good things about my Louis Garneau bibs. Fit like a compression pant, (which feels a little odd at first), really comfy, and seem durable so far. Not a thread out of place, scuff, or sad looking chamois. Got my butt thru the Scott, so I reckon they must be ok :D