29r levo, it's not mine, really

safreek

Well, the first 29r has hit the freeky household, and electric. FOR GODS SAKE, SOMEONE SHOOT HIM.

My partner has finally decided to hit the MTB lifestyle with me, but due to a lack of riding fitness has decided an ebike would be the go.
He has had a couple carpark rides and seems to be getting the hang of it pretty quickly so that's cool. Should be hitting the fire roads together in the next few weeks.

I took it for a run the other day around my normal commute ride and fuck me, all my Strava records fell in a heap, even got 9th all up for one section that is even done by roadie's.
I went from an average of 20-23 kph to 35kph without even working up a sweat.

I have had to make a real effort to not ride it
I deleted the Strava run as it's just unfair to others and it makes it impossible for me to better my own records on a normal bike
IMG_20231208_164644.jpg

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
I have had to make a real effort to not ride it
I deleted the Strava run as it's just unfair to others and it makes it impossible for me to better my own records on a normal bike
It's probably cheating when it weighs so much less than your other bikes too. :p

Glad your partner is heading out for a spin with you and you're both having fun with it. That's a life-win right there.

safreek

It's probably cheating when it weighs so much less than your other bikes too. :p

Glad your partner is heading out for a spin with you and you're both having fun with it. That's a life-win right there.
I was getting him used to riding it and decided to do a quick spin up the uni hill, 2nd best of all time. Man I must be fit.
I will delete that time as well
Screenshot_2023-12-08-19-03-00-84_3bb53944894d9646ec5754b62cc2584b.jpg

safreek

Can mark the ride as e ride and bask in the glory. Nice one! It’s a slippery slope next we will see strapping batteries to retro bikes;)
That was my original plan but the idea went down like a lead balloon. I'm glad, it would of polluted one of my classic beasts.

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
All MTB's after about 2018-2019 went to 110/15 and 148/12. That bike will be boost front and back.

Bump it up to a 120mm Fox 34 Rhythm. The standard GRIP damper still works really well today.
When will we see mega boost again? 135/197...

safreek

All MTB's after about 2018-2019 went to 110/15 and 148/12. That bike will be boost front and back.

Bump it up to a 120mm Fox 34 Rhythm. The standard GRIP damper still works really well today.
I'm giving thought to the kke USD fork if it fits a 29, probably won't though