.243 racing Frame?

Lukedog

Formerly dhr208
Im getting myself a .243 frame for some DJ action, has anyone got one or heard much about them?

jasco

Likes Bikes and Dirt
dhr208 said:
Im getting myself a .243 frame for some DJ action, has anyone got one or heard much about them?
naz is your man for info on them, or you could just try the serch function and find a buttload of threads about them.............

naz

Criminally Inane

awesome frame, horizontal dropouts, 4kgs frame, 4130, takes 8inch rear brake, um what else they fucken rule :p[/img]

yamum884

Likes Dirt
do u alex denham take mrs naz .243 and keep her uber pimp throughout the years?

you may now ride the bride

:wink:

Ty

Eats Squid
for christ sakes guys stick to the topic, everyone is over all the in-talk and personal dribble, if you wanna talk crap to each other do it on msn.

Luke the bike is sick though a bit heavy for what i like, I think Gav finlay is thinking about getting some in, he's stocking a heap of other .243 gear at the moment, might wanna see if he has a frame yet so you can check the out in person

Lukedog

Formerly dhr208
Thanks guys, im pretty dam keen should have the bike in a week or so, have ordered it already, setting it up with DJ 2's and some .243 gear and atomlab rims and armor discs, should be a sweet ride but proably dam heavy, but at least i wont break it...

naz

Criminally Inane
man the bike manuals itself, its so easy pull up and it wil manual for you, awesome geo mines a medium with mtb BB i was runnin dj3's(03) and the forks were fucked but riding dirt was soo good, stayed still in the air and it doesnt feel that heavy when you ride it, definatly get one there a burly frame, in reality its a DMR perfected,(better Geo and lengthsi.e TT,CS, and SS) :wink:

riderigid

Likes Dirt
how does it ride with 888's? did it screw the geometry at all or are they the special ones you can get from zocci that have 170mm of travel?

naz

Criminally Inane
riderigid said:
how does it ride with 888's? did it screw the geometry at all or are they the special ones you can get from zocci that have 170mm of travel?
not at all unweighted the headangle is around 64, but with sag its around 66 to 67 (and i am running them at 8inch) im surprised riding downhill it feels awesome the front end is tank, and the rear is light so its flickable

Psyloman

Likes Dirt
Would have to agree with Naz in everyway the geo is perfect and there not that heavy it just depends on the build, ive seen a few that have been built quite light, but them most people build them like tanks just 2 match the bike and have 1 indestructable ride

naz

Criminally Inane
i weighed my bike today, came in at 18.4kg(40 pound) i was expecting atleast 20kg hmmmm

ona rampage

Likes Dirt
I have had the privelage of getting onto Naz's bike, & even with those mofo heavy 888's on the front I could manual the thing better then my rampage.....
I didn't like the pictures of the frame that I saw, but it looks fantastic in the flesh as well. Would love to have one.

stooge

Likes Dirt
I recommend the .243, they really arnt as heavy as every one says, they ride quite light, also depends alot on the build you choose. Mines around the 35-37 pound mark.

BTW: im still waiting for my DJ2 forks to come back from warranty, 2 farkin months so far, Hence the RST's

Stooge

stinky|dan

Likes Dirt
I'm loving my.243. I rode it twice this weekend, once urban and once on a leg killing xc ride. Mine is setup with 24 inch rear/ 26 inch front, e-13 chain guide, marz z1 wedge, and dmr chieftain cranks. Heavy as but i love it. XC'ing it almost killed me because of heavy tyres/ 9 gears / and a seatpost that was about an inch two short. Otherwise the bike rules for urban and general tomfoolery.

Rik

logged out
stooge said:
I recommend the .243, they really arnt as heavy as every one says, they ride quite light, also depends alot on the build you choose.
Hrm, well, at 4kg a frame, it's a fairly hefty base to build on, considering alot of DJ frames are 1-1.5kg lighter than that. It's so easy to get stuck in the "overbuild to hell" mentality, you think if you've got a tough frame you might as well build the rest tough, and in the end you finish up with a monster of a bike :x

stooge

Likes Dirt
Rik said:
Hrm, well, at 4kg a frame
Well, 3.4kg to be exact :lol:

Rik said:
it's a fairly hefty base to build on
True there

Rik said:
It's so easy to get stuck in the "overbuild to hell" mentality, you think if you've got a tough frame you might as well build the rest tough
I agree

Rik said:
and in the end you finish up with a monster of a bike :x
Yep, thats why i said it depends on how you build it :wink:

The .243 racing frame is a tough, reliable frame with great geo for what i want in a bike. It is bound to last along time, thats why i recommended it. True Rik it isnt the lightest of frames, i was just saying it doesnt ride as heavy people say it would :)

Stooge