24" wheels

jays_5000

Likes Bikes and Dirt
i went back a couple of months, via the search function to fuzzy's post about 24" wheels.... i tried to gather up as much information as i could but i am still bit curious coz it looks like i will be getting a new set of wheels soon....

i ride alot of urban, a lil dj, and a bit of trail riding, n im think whether dual 24's would be the way to go, dual 26's or a 26/24 combo, i really wanna try n have 2 wheels the same size tho...

what are your opinions?

**edit** also what is the price on trail pimps, and a mag30 wheelset??

jays_5000

Likes Bikes and Dirt
i have dual 26 atm, but i am/ or was riding on a light frame... im am goin to be buyin a heavy cromo frame between now and when i get my wheels and im just wonderin if i would be able to throw the bike around a bit easier BUT when im on the trails i dont want a bmx type feel of small wheels taking an extra effort to get over objects..
i wanted to have the same wheel size cuz i dont really like the look of a 26/24 combo, it just looks a bit awkward to ride...

Rik

logged out
It's not awkward to ride at all, it all depends on the height of your fork and the angles of the bike as to if it'll work well or not.

jays_5000

Likes Bikes and Dirt
i was hopin to get a norco 250 frame (2002/2003) and an 04 set of dj2 set at 4" if thats ne help...

it doesnt look like there is alot of tire clearance near the top of the tire with 26" wheels on them frames aswell

jays_5000

Likes Bikes and Dirt
i will also be running fairly wide rims, like 40mm twofour/twosix, or 39mm mag30's if thats ne important info

Rik

logged out
It all depends on the clearance of the frame, because a 24", 3"wide tyre has outside circumference very close to a 2.1" 26" tyre, so it might not affect the angles as much. But it'll be a bit heavier to accelerate, countering the snappy aceleration that 24" usually has.