23 tooth sprocket

norcoboy

Likes Dirt
Hey im looking for a 23 tooth bmx sprocket, just give me any brand doesnt matter about price just hit me wif them. cheers

RevellBikes

Likes Bikes and Dirt
23:10!:eek: now that would be something i would like to see, it would look good, the sprocket would be so small and like the chain would nearly be touching the chain stays wouldnt it?

x

Likes Bikes and Dirt
If you think 23t sprockets are small, I believe proper bike co are currently prototyping 18t sprockets and 5 and 6t drivers etc.

bmxmandan

Banned
ftw

how the bloody hell is an 18 t sprocket going to work... i dont understand,
1) wont the chain hit the chain stays?
2) how will the support screw be squashed into the sprocket which connects it to the crank arm?... it hardy fits on a 25t
3) if thats possible wont you need special crank arms with support screw housings which have them even lower down the crank arm?
4) will a 5t drive fit on a casstte hub?
5) if a 5t cassette is possile it will probably = massive price on a special casstte hub?

and finally, why would you need such a small sprocket and why would you be willing to pay that much money for them??:confused:

P.S. please enlighten me with knowlagable replies:)

yep proper have relesed a 6 tooth rear driver which works on all proper hubs

and to run a 23 you need special cranks ive heard i no that odyssey wormbolts work with them

user name

Likes Dirt
If you think 23t sprockets are small, I believe proper bike co are currently prototyping 18t sprockets and 5 and 6t drivers etc.
Ha! this is possibly the stupidist waste of time i've heard about in ages. How is the smaller gearing going to handel the same amount of tourque? Race Bmx bikes have 44:16 gearing because it is stroger and lasts longer. 25:9 gearing is fine, provided you ar'nt racing with it, but even general riding would wear it out really quick. The amount of teeth on the rear would, yes engage but they would also be super stressed and likely to break or simalar. the cost of all this wonderful technology would be outregeous. personally i think a better weight saving idea would involve the removal of your seat or going brakeless not making your bike weaker.

x

Likes Bikes and Dirt
'We will be introducing these in all our hubs towards the end of next year.. The picture below is a hub we have been working on and testing for some time.. It will be the new Magnalite hub and will feature 6t - 10t drivers The weight will be very light 242grms / 8.536oz... The 6 and 7t will only work on our Magnalite cranks that will also be out at the same time that will have splined chainrings for the small driver hubs..'

-from the proper website, here's this link: http://www.properbikeco.com/main.php?id=2&news_dev=33

Anyway yeah so to do this 6/7t driver thing you need to have proper cranks. This gearing is light, but I don't think it's worth it when you are sacrificing both strength and a lot of extra money.

Last edited: