205x65 shock on a prophet

safreek

Hello dear rotos, I am considering (please consider) whacking a 205x65 shock on the prophet.
Yes I know it takes a 200 x 57 but after being ripped off on a dodgy shock I have seen a shock of the 205x65 size at a acceptable price for my cheap ass.

Just wondering what the end result of fitting it would be, the size isn't all that different.

Is it likely to give it more travel:D and if so I am assuming it would possibly rub the seat tube, yay or nay.
All input greatly appreciated

BKMad

Likes Dirt
go coil?

safreek

go coil?
I would love a coilee shock on the prophet, apparently they don't work well together

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
Saffy, I might / should have a basic 200x57 fox you can have if I can find it. Unless I already gave it away. Just let me get over running 100L of herbicide.

safreek

Saffy, I might / should have a basic 200x57 fox you can have if I can find it. Unless I already gave it away. Just let me get over running 100L of herbicide.
That would be sweet, mine has a slow leak that needs to be pumped every ride.
It works but friggin irritating

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
Sorry, looks like I lied. It isn't in the spares box. Sorry. I will have a look and see if it is elsewhere but please continue to breathe normally.

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
...mine has a slow leak that needs to be pumped every ride.
Man I had about 5 brand new Fox shocks that did that (different models too), but...

...you can't get the current shock serviced? Likely cheaper than a new replacement shock, and a lot of second hand shocks will likely have the same issue.

safreek

Man I had about 5 brand new Fox shocks that did that (different models too), but...

...you can't get the current shock serviced? Likely cheaper than a new replacement shock, and a lot of second hand shocks will likely have the same issue.
She is a pretty old shock. Manitou radium.
In all honesty it's probably the original shock so it's had a pretty good run

IMG_20240426_165926.jpg

rextheute

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I’d vote for give it a service , there are no scuffs or smear on the shaft .
I have one on my trek - and have to pump it up each ride but the shaft is boogered so I do need a new one - a seal kit works for about 300 km …so it guess , a couple of months then it just leaks … lots .

zac

Likes Dirt
I might have one of those cheap little DNM RL shocks in 200x57 if you're interested to get you going - seemed to work ok for me but I got fatter so went coil sprung... I'll have to have a dig around for it but you can have it for postage if you're keen