2024 World Cup Downhill / EDR

hifiandmtb

Sphincter beanie
The word on PB:

1. No elite semi broadcast at all - not even if you have a paid susbscription, they just are not bothering to broadcast it
2. Therefore, you only get to see the finals, top 30 men, top 10 women

There's chat about BTing the finals, if anyone works out where from can they let us know?

Jpez

Down on the left!
Pink bike comments last week. ‘Fuck semis. No one likes semis!’

pinkbike comments today. ‘They took our semis away! We want semis back!’

One thing is for sure though. It is a bonafide shit show.
I imagine after the season podcasts will be peppered with aggrieved 30-60 riders that were forced to risk it all in a semis but didn’t even receive coverage or exposure.

oldcorollas

Levin the moment
30-60 riders that were forced to risk it all in a semis but didn’t even receive coverage or exposure.
are they really being forced tho? :) (lack of coverage would of course be disappointing)

These guys do pay (a small amount) to be there for the opportunity to race (unlike Slopestyle exhibition "competitions"), so is a bit rude to not have any FTA options.

'spose it's the age old question of is it a competition or is it just entertainment? someone pays to record/produce/broadcast...

Jpez

Down on the left!
are they really being forced tho? :) (lack of coverage would of course be disappointing)

These guys do pay (a small amount) to be there for the opportunity to race (unlike Slopestyle exhibition "competitions"), so is a bit rude to not have any FTA options.

'spose it's the age old question of is it a competition or is it just entertainment? someone pays to record/produce/broadcast...
Reading between the lines in podcasts I’ve listened to with riders recently I’d say so.

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out