2023 Norco Sight... are they ok?

Lazmo

Old and hopeless
Well today, we were in town, so dropped into 99 Bikes at Blackburn to try the fit of a Norco Sight, Optic or Fluid... no cigar. Apparently the Optic is carbon only, so na. They checked the computer and Springvale had bottom of the range Fluid A4's in S, M and a L. So off we went. It was more about how they fitted and felt to ride in the car park, than the spec of the components.

For me the Large was great. I felt at home straight away and could pop the front and hopelessly manual off the service road bank. I liked the way it rode, though I'm sure it could be better with the sag properly set and without the treacle tyres and a higher spec of goodies.

Sue tooled around for ages, and complained about the seat, and that she felt a bit over the front, but given the bars were 800mm and she normally rides with 680mm, plus the seat could have gone back about 15mm on its rails... I think that feeling could be resolved. After we talked about that, and she's not overly technical, but knows what feels good and what doesn't... she went back to tooling around, and seemed to be having fun.

I do like the Shimano bits and bobs, and the screw in BB.

Anyway, early days... and more different brand bike testing is to ensue, but for me, if I had to ride something like that (but with the best spec available) going forward... I reckon, I'd be happy.

oldcorollas

Levin the moment
Well today, we were in town, so dropped into 99 Bikes at Blackburn to try the fit of a Norco Sight, Optic or Fluid... no cigar. Apparently the Optic is carbon only, so na. They checked the computer and Springvale had bottom of the range Fluid A4's in S, M and a L. So off we went. It was more about how they fitted and felt to ride in the car park, than the spec of the components.

For me the Large was great. I felt at home straight away and could pop the front and hopelessly manual off the service road bank. I liked the way it rode, though I'm sure it could be better with the sag properly set and without the treacle tyres and a higher spec of goodies.

Sue tooled around for ages, and complained about the seat, and that she felt a bit over the front, but given the bars were 800mm and she normally rides with 680mm, plus the seat could have gone back about 15mm on its rails... I think that feeling could be resolved. After we talked about that, and she's not overly technical, but knows what feels good and what doesn't... she went back to tooling around, and seemed to be having fun.

I do like the Shimano bits and bobs, and the screw in BB.

Anyway, early days... and more different brand bike testing is to ensue, but for me, if I had to ride something like that (but with the best spec available) going forward... I reckon, I'd be happy.
are there any Fluid A1 L's in the country yet? or still (flying them in to?) special order?

Lazmo

Old and hopeless
sorry forgot to ask, is matching bikes a requirement?
Ha ha… no. In fact, my wife hates matching anything.

From a carrying spares perspective, for when we go away camping, I would rather we had the same bikes with the same components.

But that’s not necessary, although having 2 bikes that are similarly capable would be good.

Last edited: