2021 Trans Tasmania Enduro

Boom King

downloaded a pic of moorey's bruised arse
All done. I finished, despite my best efforts. Visit to the fuckwits thread pending....

Congrats to every single person that competed. Awesome work!

I understand Postman Pat now, I feel I'm a really happy man.

Last edited:

Boom King

So, 122km, close to 4300m of climbing and 6700m of descending over 5 days on Tasmania's best trails.....

If you'd asked me 8 weeks out, I'd have given myself a 20% chance of completing the inaugural Trans Tasmania. I have to send a heartfelt thanks to @moorey for quietly encouraging me a pushing me over the past few weeks. In true moorey style, he never sugar coated anything, nor promised miracles, just quiet but consistant encouragement. I couldn't have done it without you mate, which makes doing the event without you all the more ironic.

Another mate, @wozza , took himself out last October with a serious ankle break training at Red Hill. You were missed too mate, hope your back on the bike soon.

@Jpez was a great housemate and riding buddy over the course of the event and it was great to meet @rstim and @kten(such a mysterious yet magnificent specimen of a man, whoever you are?) even though they're in another league as far as riding goes.

If anyone has an inkling to get on board a Trans Tasmania, just MAKE IT HAPPEN! It's 5 days of riding incredible trails with a whole bunch of likeminded folk, all of whom are more than happy to chat, laugh, lend a hand, offer spares or any other assistance, and chill with cracking stories at the end of each day.

At this point, I'm about as happy as you get. A little tender, but fuck I'm happy.

Last edited:

moorey

call me Mia
So, 122km, close to 4300m of climbing and 6700m of descending over 5 days on Tasmania's best trails.....

If you'd asked me 8 weeks out, I'd have given myself a 20% chance of completing the inaugural Trans Tasmania. I have to send a heartfelt thanks to @moorey for quietly encouraging me a pushing me over the past few weeks. In true moorey style, he never sugar coated anything, nor promised miracles, just quiet but consistant encouragement. I couldn't have done it without you mate, which makes doing the event without you all the more ironic.

Another mate, @wozza , took himself out last October with a serious ankle break training at Red Hill. You were missed too mate, hope your back on the bike soon.

@Jpez was a great housemate and riding buddy over the course of the event and it was great to meet @rstim and @kten, even though they're in another league as far as riding goes.

If anyone has an inkling to get on board a Trans Tasmania, just MAKE IT HAPPEN! It's 5 days of riding incredible trails with a whole bunch of likeminded folk, all of whom are more than happy to chat, laugh, lend a hand, offer spares or any other assistance, and chill with cracking stories at the end of each day.

At this point, I'm about as happy as you get. A little tender, but fuck I'm happy.
Love your work, mate. Proud AF of everyone on there, but especially you.
I had my doubts about you leading up, worrying you’d talk yourself out of handling it before you got there, but knew if you got through the first big day, you’d smash it.
I feel like I’ve been there with you boys thanks to the updates and pictures.
Looking forward to the next one together.

yuley95

soft-arse Yuley is on the lifts again

@Jpez was a great housemate and riding buddy over the course of the event and it was great to meet @rstim and @kten, even though they're in another league as far as riding goes.

You’ve got me - I need to start working on my wife now so she knows I’ll be doing this next year.
Well done to all you folks who took it on and smashed it. Loved all the stories and photos along the way.

Boom King

On the bus back to Hobart, going over the last five days in my head, what a hoot.

Thought back to riding Detonate on Thursday, I got to the top of the next stage and asked a couple of younger guys how they went, did they ride the chute? One said yes, the other looked at me and said no, did you? When I said yes, he just looked at me again and said oh fuck!

wkkie

It's Not Easy Being Green
On the bus back to Hobart, going over the last five days in my head, what a hoot.

Thought back to riding Detonate on Thursday, I got to the top of the next stage and asked a couple of younger guys how they went, did they ride the chute? One said yes, the other looked at me and said no, did you? When I said yes, he just looked at me again and said oh fuck!
Awesome job @Boom King, must have been a proud moment! :p

Well done to everyone that raced and thanks for the updates, looks like an awesome event, something to think about for down the track.