2020 World Cup Discussion

foxpuppet

Eats Squid
Wonder if anyone will remove mud guards before race runs.... or drop a wheel size haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

foxpuppet

Eats Squid
I have also pondered a new device....
In the age of wireless shifting, why not a wireless roll off system?

Are there rules around what kind of systems can be used as I noticed some riders with manual tear off vs others with roll system?

peanut

Likes Dirt
Wonder if anyone will remove mud guards before race runs.... or drop a wheel size haha

and go the maxxis swamp things for the trifecta...do they actually make them anymore?
edit: turns out they do & wet screams too, not much of a market in oz I guess.
I was thinking of the old mud tyres I have in the garage, which resemble American football cleats attached to a tyre, one of the remnants of a bygone era.

Last edited:

foxpuppet

Eats Squid
I’ve got a new one. Taking offers.

I think the Shorty is a better mud tyre personally.
Surely you want something slick like a holy roller..... you can just skim across the surface and it will shed much quicker as there are no lugs for the mud to stick on

hifiandmtb

Sphincter beanie
TBH, I think Troy was the only one who was really able to challenge Reece. Troy's run was fast, effective, if it wasn't for the two stumbles.

How is it the Aussies are so strong in conditions like that?

moorey

call me Mia
TBH, I think Troy was the only one who was really able to challenge Reece. Troy's run was fast, effective, if it wasn't for the two stumbles.

How is it the Aussies are so strong in conditions like that?
Good Q. Look at Sam. From a dust bowl with few hills, from day one, could ride the steep and wet like no other.
Msybe the Aussies are used to more varying conditions, and can just rise to those conditions.
I literally cried out when Troy went down. Was well up, just doesn’t stack as a rule....but those conditions....brutal. So stoked for @chimpy and Kye. Haven’t they got Troy and Kye arse round here? Said 8th for Kye last night.
https://m.pinkbike.com/news/final-results-leogang-downhill-world-championships-2020.html