2020 Norco Sight C9.2

Paulie_AU

Likes Dirt
After ordering this in the first week of September it has been quite a wait for stock to come into the country.

I have up sized from 425mm reach 27.5 bikes to the Large 29er which is running 485mm reach. It is a monster but feels really nice on the trails. The steeper the better. So far 2 rides and I am really enjoying its descending prowess. As for climbing and sprinting..... she ain't snappy. I do have to admit I have been running aggressors on the rear of my other bikes for quite a while and will likely throw one on this for a bit better rolling speed. The DHR can be kept for outings for steeper locations that warrant it.

I bought this with the intention of using it as my big bike and it does that really well.

Pros:
Surprisingly nimble and poppy once rolling down hill.
Super stable at speed
Loves gnar
Loves to jump.
More room than other bikes makes down hill tight corners easier to ride.
Solid AF. Holds line really well through rock gardens.
Super supple off the top with a heap of progression which avoids harsh bottom out into full travel.
Comes with down tube protector for ute.
Comes with 3M protective tape for top tube, seat tube and middle of down tube. (I was 3 pints and a tallie of Coopers in when fitting so is installed shit)

Cons
Solid AF. Lifting it onto the car requires thought.
Not snappy on the gas.
77.7 STA is steeper than I need with my long arms. It does make the ETT short.
Need to think about tight climbing switchbacks.
Super long - doesn't fit on the wall in the bedroom without messing up access to the ensuite.

Frame - Carbon 29er Large - 150mm rear
Rear shock - Fox X2 Performance 185x55
Front shock/fork -Fox 36 Performance Elite Grip 2 160mm
Handlebars - We are One carbon - 760mm 20mm rise (upgraded from Deity Alloy)
Stem - We are One part of bar combo. (upgraded from Stock lump of a thing).
Headset - Dunno
Grips - Ergon
Saddle - Ergon
Seatpost - Tranz X 34.9 170mm
Front brake - SLX M7120 200mm rotor (Intending to throw my Saint M820 caliber on because....)
Rear brake - SLX M7120 180mm rotor (Intending to throw my Saint M820 caliber on because....)
Cranks - Shimano M8100 170mm
Chainguide - E*Thirteen
Chain - Shimano M9100 (upgrade from SLX)
Pedals - Time MX4
Rear derailleur - Shimano M8100
Rear shifter - Shimano M8100 (XTR upgrade on back order)
Cassette - XTR M9100 10-51T 12 Speed (upgrade from SLX)
Front hub - Shimano XT M8100 15x110
Rear hub - Shimano XT M8100 12x148
Front rim - Stans Flow D - This appears to be OEM and sits between a Flow MK3 and a EX3 in design. Cheaper alloy than the better rims and weighs in between them.
Rear rim - Stans Flow D
Spokes - Dunno
Nipples - Dunno
Front Tyre - Maxxis Assegai 29x2.5 EXO+ (changed from 2.5 DHF...... I hate the 2.5 DHF but really like it in 2.3)
Rear Tyre - Maxxis DHR 2 29x2.4 EXO+
Total weight - 15.5kg With other bits like the One Up pump and spare tube it is 16kg.

born-again-biker

Is looking for a 16" bar
That's a beast!
I really like the spec sheet. Lots of Shimano.

I recently fitted XT M8100 levers & SLX 7120 four-pot calipers to my Process 29er. So far I really like the feel. Only running resin pads at this stage but Shimano seem to have got the power/feel/lever travel balance spot on (IMO).

More pics please!

wkkie

It's Not Easy Being Green
Swap the DHF to the rear. Might suit what you're after before buying a new rear...

Reactions: SDA

hellmansam

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I'm considering this very model to step up from a Fuel EX. Rode a Turbo Levo recently and liked having more squish on the descents. Been thinking about a bigger bike ever since.

hellmansam

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I have up sized from 425mm reach 27.5 bikes to the Large 29er which is running 485mm reach.
Is Norco's M a bit small for you ? Their sizing chart suggests I should be a Large, ( 176cm)

Comes with 3M protective tape for top tube, seat tube and middle of down tube. (I was 3 pints and a tallie of Coopers in when fitting so is installed shit)
Haha couldn't wait to ride, but had to celebrate :D

Paulie_AU

Likes Dirt
Is Norco's M a bit small for you ? Their sizing chart suggests I should be a Large, ( 176cm)

Haha couldn't wait to ride, but had to celebrate :D
My old bike with 425 and 60mm stem felt small in the steep stuff so I decided to roll with the recommended sizing bit am running a stem 5mm shorter than stock.

Riding it feels great but damn it is a big piece of kit. On back wheel it doesn't fit through a doorway.

Stredda

Runs naked through virgin scrub
Any idea what it weighs? I have the 2015 C7.1 and I test rode the 2020 27.5 top spec alloy and it felt a lot heavier than my bike. I would have been interested to ride the 29er carbon.

Paulie_AU

Likes Dirt
Any idea what it weighs? I have the 2015 C7.1 and I test rode the 2020 27.5 top spec alloy and it felt a lot heavier than my bike. I would have been interested to ride the 29er carbon.
15.5 with weight savings from cassette and bar/stem combo of approx. 370g but then has the Assegai which may be 150g heavier than DHF. Would guess stock is 15.7kg.

Stredda

Runs naked through virgin scrub
Cool thanks. I'll have to weigh mine, I'd be interested to know the difference. I did get to test ride the 29er Range at the same time and it felt a better climber and peddler than the 27.5 Sight. Those big wheels do make a difference.

Paulie_AU

Likes Dirt
Cool thanks. I'll have to weigh mine, I'd be interested to know the difference. I did get to test ride the 29er Range at the same time and it felt a better climber and peddler than the 27.5 Sight. Those big wheels do make a difference.
Yeah this thing definitely rolls well on the 29er's.

Threw it down some nasty stuff last night and it loved it. I was off the brakes in sections that I was praying for survival on the last bike. (Trance with 160mm Lyrik and coil rear).

Paulie_AU

Likes Dirt
Changed the DHR out for an Aggressor 2.3. Was good rolled well and rode well too. Will keep the dhr for race season or Feb trip to either Roto/Tassie/Stromlo&Thredbo&Vic roadtrip..... Can't decide