AM 2018 Banshee Rune

swatto90

Likes Dirt
Picked up my new ride this week. Banshee have made some minor changes to the frame and it has made a massive difference. I can’t believe how well this climb’s and then descend’s like a mini DH rig.

Frame - Banshee Rune
Rear shock - Rockshox Monarch Plus RC3
Front shock/fork - Rockshox Lyric RCT3 170mm
Handlebars - Raceface Atlas
Stem - Raceface Aeffect
Grips - Raceface Half Nelson
Seatpost - Rockshox Reverb 150mm
Front brake - Sram Guide RS
Rear brake - Sram Guide RS
Cranks - Sram Descendant
Pedals - DMR Vault
Rear derailleur - Sram GX eagle
Rear shifter - Sram Gx Eagle
Front hub - Hope Pro 4
Rear hub— Hope Pro 4
Front rim - Nukeproof
Rear rim - Nukeproof
Tyres - Maxxis

Total weight - 14.5 Kg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nambra

Definitely should have gone to specsavers
Nice build swatto, where were those photos taken? Looks like a great spot.

swatto90

Likes Dirt
That’s the way to build em. Solid frames deserve solid gear
Yep exactly the way to build them. Carbon is overrated, you need to be to careful with it.

I’m pretty happy with the weight that it came in at to.

born-again-biker

Is looking for a 16" bar
Awesome bike. Very stout.

Was it a mtb bikes direct order?

What's changed from previous Runes?

Sent from my LG-H870DS using Tapatalk

swatto90

Likes Dirt
Awesome bike. Very stout.

Was it a mtb bikes direct order?

What's changed from previous Runes?

Sent from my LG-H870DS using Tapatalk
Not Mountain bikes direct I have always supported Singletracks for my bikes. I would also buy through Missinglink bikes before I supported someone else for it.

I have had:
2xRune
2xSpitfire
1xPrime
1xParadox
1xDarkside
1xLegend
1xAmp

My first Rune was my first Banshee, it was 26in and set up more trail then enduro. This is more of a mini DH bike.

Then I have swapped and changed between the rest of them over time.

moorey

call me Mia
Nice!
I’ve never really understood brand loyalty though.....other than to Oranges, of course. :cool:

Ultra Lord

Hurts. Requires Money. And is nerdy.
New rune matchs the amp nicely. those amps are the only ally dj frame I’ve ever considered, so nice.

No guide though?

swatto90

Likes Dirt
Nice!
I’ve never really understood brand loyalty though.....other than to Oranges, of course. :cool:
I sold the Darkside and got a Bilt. The Bilt was an amazing DH bike. Bill did an awesome job designing that one with his team.

I then sold the Bilt and the Prime and got a Carbon Reign. That was the biggest mistake of my bike life. The Reign was a lump of shit compared to the Banshee’s. Didn’t climb as well, was sluggish, didn’t go downhills nearly as well.

In the process of selling a Commencal Meta AM and just sold a V10 as well.

I swapped off Banshee but I’m back because they are just that much better of a bike.

swatto90

Likes Dirt
New rune matchs the amp nicely. those amps are the only ally dj frame I’ve ever considered, so nice.

No guide though?
I have never really found I needed a guide with Narrow Wide and clutch derailleur’s.

The amp will never be sold it will sit in the shed forever and I’ll ride it with my kids at the skate park and pump track.

BRADSTA

Likes Bikes
Nice bike collection you got going there!!
Just a question on your amp, have you got the long or short frame size and what height are you? I’m thinking of building one up but unsure on the frame size, i’m 175cm and size chart says both will fit?

swatto90

Likes Dirt
Nice bike collection you got going there!!
Just a question on your amp, have you got the long or short frame size and what height are you? I’m thinking of building one up but unsure on the frame size, i’m 175cm and size chart says both will fit?
I have the short frame and I am 176cm. I think the short frame is better for pump tracks. I found the long was harder to get around tight corners.

Depends what you want to do on it. If it was 4x I would run a long if it’s a pump track skate park bike I would go a short for sure. But that’s just my opinion.