2016 UCI MTB World Cup Downhill

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
The boss brushed it off like it ain't no thang....
Hahaha, didn't he what. He got belted and just shrugged it off on camera.
I wished Eddie's run was clean, it would be sensational to see him on the podium. Not just for the joy he shares but for his sake, he's great for the sport and is a rad dude.

caad9

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Hahaha, didn't he what. He got belted and just shrugged it off on camera.
I wished Eddie's run was clean, it would be sensational to see him on the podium. Not just for the joy he shares but for his sake, he's great for the sport and is a rad dude.
I'd imagine it would have been one hell of a party too! (Not that Peaty wouldn't have provided a big night!)

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
I'd imagine it would have been one hell of a party too! (Not that Peaty wouldn't have provided a big night!)
I dare say it probably was anyway!

How good was Stevie's final run! I lost it when it came time to do it, that was some really heart tearing stuff. The UCI gained some great cred for doing it, it worked out really great.

fridgie

Likes Dirt
I dare say it probably was anyway!

How good was Stevie's final run! I lost it when it came time to do it, that was some really heart tearing stuff. The UCI gained some great cred for doing it, it worked out really great.
Absolutely!! Didn't think I would but it pulled all the right strings for me to choke up.

ajay

^Once punched Jeff Kennett. Don't pick an e-fight
Annnnd its Leogang already. Getting stoked. Hopefully Fearon can match or better his result from last year!

Any predictions beyond Gwin winning?

MarioM

Likes Dirt
I`d like to see Eddie up in qualis again and not bin it in his race run aaand finish top 10 . Sam Hill to crack the top 20 . Mike Jones to make up for the horrendous mistake he made last week .

Spike-X

Grumpy Old Sarah
I'm gonna go out on a limb and predict a win for plucky newcomer Rachel Atherton in the women's section.

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
I'm gonna go out on a limb and predict a win for plucky newcomer Rachel Atherton in the women's section.
Hahaha, you'd be brave to bet against Leigh Donovan on a track that suits her really well.

After seeing Claudio's run, there's heaps of new sections taped off to get shredded in the wet. I reckon we'll see a few surprises if the course chops up and stays pretty wet and Ajay said, could Connor be suited to it and go better again?

My pick for the win:

George Brannigan. I know I know! It's a big call but there's gonna come a day where that chariot gets his perfect run, demolishes every section and cleans up. This course could be that kind of day. Failing that, it feels like it could be an Aussie or a Kiwi kind of course.

oriion

Likes Dirt
I'd really like to see Danny Hart get his first world cup victory. He's paid his dues - it's his turn.

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
I'd really like to see Danny Hart get his first world cup victory. He's paid his dues - it's his turn.
I'd like to see Danny Hart leave his helmet onnot ever be approached by the media. His riding is ace to watch but it's painful seeing him in PR mode.

B Rabbit

Likes Bikes and Dirt
My pick for the win:

George Brannigan. I know I know! It's a big call but there's gonna come a day.
You should enter pinkbikes YT fantasy contest with a bold prediction like that ! Might win yourself a bike

My predictions;
Men;
1st: Greg Minnar
2nd: Connor Fearon
3rd: Troy Brosnan

Woman;
1st: Manon Carpenter
2nd: Tracey Hannah
3rd: Rachel Atherton

Last edited:

johnny

I'll tells ya!
Staff member
Yeah, lol, "French line".

That place needs a lot of sun otherwise it'll be a slippery and slow mud-stack fest.