2016 UCI MTB World Cup Downhill

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
Weather forecast is looking pretty shit for the rest of the week so looks like it might be another slip n slide.glad i chose to not go this year and i don't know why they run the event so close to the end of the wet season.
Errr, What forecast are you looking at? It looks to me like it'll be pretty clear with a few light showers here and there.
I do agree that it isn't scheduled at a great time but that may be a big plus for the couch viewer. ;)

creaky

XMAS Plumper
Errr, What forecast are you looking at? It looks to me like it'll be pretty clear with a few light showers here and there.
I do agree that it isn't scheduled at a great time but that may be a big plus for the couch viewer. ;)
Yeah, forecast I'm seeing looks pretty sweet.

Shit, I've agreed to go camping for the weekend.

The fark was I thinking?!
I'm the same, will be driving 5 hours Saturday to go camping. Will probably get there in time to catch the action but can I really expect a wifi connection at a campground ??? Come on Australia, that is what I expect in the modern era !

Austen

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Absolutely belted rain today, a few riders didn't head up and practice
A possibly spinal injury today too
Hope everyone involved is ok

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
Absolutely belted rain today, a few riders didn't head up and practice
A possibly spinal injury today too
Hope everyone involved is ok
Ahahahaa! In typical 'Stralian weather forecasting, the weather guy fucks it up entirely and it pisses down. ;)

Any idea who the rider was? Regardless, That's shit news. :(

kurtis1984

Likes Dirt
What day is the dh on?

As above, what day is the dh race on? All I can see is that the broadcast starts in around 42h.

Cheers!

HamboCairns

Thanks for all the bananas
I thought DH finals were Saturday too?

I'm heading over tomorrow lunchtime (free entry!). Loads of riders riding past my front gate and negotiating our shitty road (Trinity Beach Road). Australia is such a clusterfuck when it comes to cycling on the road.

tasty.dirt74

Likes Bikes and Dirt
There were 3 big crashes today. This is the front end of one of them..

The young guys are/were over jumping in the woops section is what I heard, which resulted in OTB's. One was a dislocated hip. One was a serious KO and not sure of third... The UCI then adjusted the course tape slightly to control the speed entering the section.. Was chatting to the junior Aus team as they were witnesses to this and jokingly mentioned a "Sam Hill" line jumping into a off camber corner that would work now with the new taping !! Hope they didn't think I was serious .

Sent from something to something!

lindz1817

Likes Dirt
Anyone know if the broadcast on SBS 2 will be the same as red bull TV? It would be nice to not have to worry about slow internet and constant buffering.

ianganderton

Likes Dirt
Anyone know of somewhere close to Stromlo that might be showing it? We are there for practice prior to the race on Sunday.

WiFi in the carpark is gonna hammered

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
I just wanted to confirm this for myself too. The MTBA website confirms it:

http://www.mtba.asn.au/mtbworldscairns/fixtures/

Regarding Red Bull TV vs SBS 2, I can't imagine there being two separate camera crews set up on the course (but I could be wrong).
I'd assume they'd use the Red Bull TV commentary team as that has been toned down from the Freecaster days but no doubt they'd use some mundane guru who knows his stuff when it comes to road and XC racing and they'll constantly say the same repetitive shit about the downhill.

Red Bull TV is showing the downhill at 2.30pm on Saturday, not Sunday.

SlowManiac

Likes Bikes and Dirt
haha the XCO Red Bull commentary is mostly Rob Warner asking Bart Brentjens about 29ers.

Love watching the XCO and DH - can't wait for the weekend!

k3n!f

leaking out the other end
I do miss the old Freecaster days with Warner drunk as hell. Although half the time the stream would shit itself during the top 20 runs. The Red Bull stream seems to be much more reliable.

So excited for the DH and XC!