2016 Specialized Enduro release date?

nickz

Likes Dirt
Hi All,

Just hanging to see the new Spec Enduro line up for 2016, does anyone know when Specialized have these scheduled for release???

Thank you!

slimjim1

Fat boomers cloggin' ma leaderboard
Are they updating the enduro this year? I highly doubt it given the attention seems to have been on the stumpy and the 650B enduro is relatively new and the 29 has been universally praised. I suspect it will just be the usual time which from memory is around September??

red_d0g

Likes Dirt
I have heard otherwise, redesigned frame. As there is no 'Evo' model anymore, they will have to streamline it and get amongst it. have you seen the seat stays on the new stumpy? As if they wouldn't apply that to the new enduro!
As if they would release a bunch of their other 2k16 models that have all been updated and let one of their flagship models falter behind.

Consider me stoked on release.

slimjim1

I have heard otherwise, redesigned frame. As there is no 'Evo' model anymore, they will have to streamline it and get amongst it. have you seen the seat stays on the new stumpy? As if they wouldn't apply that to the new enduro!
As if they would release a bunch of their other 2k16 models that have all been updated and let one of their flagship models falter behind.

Consider me stoked on release.
I seriously doubt it. The 650B was released last year and the 29 continues to win praise everywhere.

Most of the trickery that you see on the new stumpy was already on the enduro anyway (the short stays with a drop bridge brace etc).

There's really no reason to update the enduro frame at this point, except maybe adding the SWAT door.

I wouldn't be surprised by the $13,000 price tag though.

crim 87

Likes Dirt
as long as they get some of the upgrades that the stumpy got ill be stoked. e.g swat door , frame protection , internal routing and new seat post

slimjim1

Interesting shock choices, looks like they've completely ditched Cane Creek for Fox on the base model, RS Monarch for the mid tier and Ohlins for S Works. Good move IMO.

nickz

Likes Dirt
Odd just having one carbon model I thought. Maybe they come later or saved for 29 version?

crim 87

Likes Dirt
surely those links are fakes as if they wouldn't have internal routing and the colors are putrid wouldn't expected that from specialized