DH 2016 Pivot Phoenix Carbon build thread.

hazza6542

Eats Squid
Looking good mate. Have u invested in some high powered firearms and a couple of 80kg German Shepherds for guarding the new rig.
I'm gunna need to, this thing is way too nice!

She's done, God damn it's so fucking nice. 14.8 with pedals!

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

The Reverend

Likes Bikes and Dirt
"I'm going for a ride... I may be some time..."

Gorgeous looking bike. And thankfully Pivot have realised that less is more in the branding stakes. Subtle yet impressive. Hope it puts plenty of smiles on your face! :^)

jarrod839

Banned
Awesome work mate and i would vote for bike of the year.
Love seeing people step outside the mainstream and building a mean machine. Would love to see this in the fleash. Awesome work.

hazza6542

Eats Squid
Cheers guys it rides better than it looks if you could believe. She'll get bike of the day for Halloween, got some good plans for that photo.

Nautonier

Eats Squid
Lovely build, but I thought the Pivot cap was too much. Or were you being ironic? Is there any Pivot branding on your riding gear?

hazza6542

Eats Squid
Hahahaha, that's not me! That's a mate of mine that works distributing and building pivots.

hazza6542

Eats Squid
More beer and less G-Man sadly.
I mean I really wanted to build it myself, but fuck when you have a gman with a torque wrench, you gotta take advantage of that. Fuck he's good building bikes, only guy I let touch my horse, only bloke I'll let work the phoenix. Plus internal routing confuses the shit out of me, my bike knowledge is still stuck in 2006 with old ironhorse technology. The fuck do I have to use a headset press for a bottom bracket? The fuck is internal routing? Why doesn't it make cracking metal noises down the track?! Why doesn't it weigh more than my car!?!?

Also, it doesn't fit down my bloody stairs!

Last edited: