2015 Salsa El Mariachi SS

Aussie_Ryder

Likes Dirt
Finally finished my first SS build and I couldn't be happier with the ride. When you get it right it's very smooth and fast.
I must admit I am a singlespeed convert. Something about having one gear and no suspension just takes me back to the good old days of bombing the trails on bmx bikes as kids. This bike leaves me with a smile after every ride.

Frame - 2015 Salsa El Mariachi M
Fork - salsa cromoto grande
Handlebars - Thomson Ti 730mm
Stem - 80 Thomson x4
Headset - Hope
Grips - Esi Extra Chunky
Saddle - specialized power
Seatpost - Thomson Elite
Front brake - Hope Tech 3 X2
Rear brake - Hope Tech 3 X2
Cranks - Hope Crankset
Pedals - Shimano XT
Front Chainring - AbsoluteBlack oval 32t
Rear Cog - Surly 22t
Front hub - Hope Pro 4
Rear hub - Hope Pro 4
Front rim - hope tech xc
Rear rim - hope tech xc

Last edited:

Aussie_Ryder

Likes Dirt
Finally finished my "budget" build SS. I really did start this build with a budget of $1500 in mind and thought it was achievable how wrong I was. Very happy with the finished product though and it has been my first ground up build so I am stoked with that. When the wheels get totaled I will be putting some Stans Mk3 on the pro 4s other than the wheels I aimed for a pretty bullet proof build that requires very little maintenance.

mitchy_

Llama calmer
Great looking rig, although you would have blown your budget out of the water in hope gear alone... :lol:

Nath8

Likes Dirt
Great looking bike. Love the colour.
Welcome to the rigid SS world. Life is very simple :thumb:

aanon

Likes Dirt
Killer bike, love it. I had a rigid 29er SS, sold it and regret doing so.
These things ramp up ya fitness like epo, I nearly died everytime I rode mine, but shit is was fun (in a strange kind of way)