2014 spesh enduro 29r ....

mxracer92

Likes Dirt
was looking for an enduro 26r since nov 2013 , not much out there 2nd hand and new stocks are dreadful ..
so i bought a 2013 stumpy 29r , much fun on that thing but always wondered if i was better off on the enduro ..

so when i heard the local bike shop had a medium 2014 enduro 29r i was like .. BUY BUY BUY . so thats what i picked up today .
be good to compare such close models to how they ride .. id like to do a bit of DH racing on it see how it goes .. but until then .. cant wait to go for a pedal !!

here's a pic before it gets dirty

crim 87

Likes Dirt
awsome looking bike man can't wait to get mine would love to hear some feedback once you have had a decent ride on it

crim 87

Likes Dirt
Yer a comparison between the stumpy and the endure 29ers would be great.
yeah def was looking at stumpy comp evo 29ers but since they don't come to aus the enduro is now the go. also how tall are you ?? and does the medium fit good ??

mxracer92

Likes Dirt
im 177 cm , medium is the perfect fit, with specialized bikes .. considering my purchase history with specialized ..

crim 87

Likes Dirt
sweet cheers man yeah im about 5,11" or so i test rode a medium stumpy expert carbon 29er and felt good. does the sizing feel much different to the stumpy ?? get some more pics up if you got em. also how's the ride ?? notice the extra weight compared to the stunpy ?? also does it climb good ?? cheers

Koura

Squid
Where did you get it?

im 177 cm , medium is the perfect fit, with specialized bikes .. considering my purchase history with specialized ..

Which bike shop in Perth mate? I ordered one yonks ago but my LBS said they won't be arriving for a while...

rider124

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Which bike shop in Perth mate? I ordered one yonks ago but my LBS said they won't be arriving for a while...
I work in a specialized shop, and every single enduro 29er is sold out in Australia for pretty much this year. So the sales have gone through the roof, although if you pre ordered, they usually give you a estimated date of arrival.

mxracer92

Likes Dirt
I work in a specialized shop, and every single enduro 29er is sold out in Australia for pretty much this year. So the sales have gone through the roof, although if you pre ordered, they usually give you a estimated date of arrival.

this is good to know .. if i ever need to sell it .. surely demand should mean i get a decent price , and wont take long to sell ..

taking auction offers of 4k n over .. hahahah jks

rang wembley cycles , they got 1 n sold it . rang lakes a week ago , they had one . i thought about it for a week .. and gathered funds asap , and amazingly it was still there so i grabbed it .
one of the shops said only 10 came to australia , WA got 2-3 , stocks are suppose to be avail end of june .. ( lakes bikes reckon they have stock still avail , so pre order now ) ps .. i hate paying full retail ($3799 if ya wondering ) .. i didnt get 1c discount or ANYTHING to sweeten the deal .. which im bummed about .. yet they wanted me to tell everyone that i bought from lakes bikes and they got stock soonish ..

not sure when i get time to put it into the dirt .but a little ride around the park can feel the extra slackness , tad extra weight ( about 1kg heavier then the 29 stumpy )

im a reasonably strong climber so hard for me to compare climbing cause that comes down to fitness and strength

here is a pic with my stumpy . (stumpy front , enduro rear )
it less wheelbase is clear and shorter chain stays

crim 87

Likes Dirt
yeah im struggling to get an answer out of a few shops to apparently they cant give any info until july 10th the 2014 range release date which seems weird why would they need to wait for details of a bike thats already been released ?? maybe different spec or a colour change. i don't really want to go put a deposit on one and be waiting months till one arrives without even knowing how long it will take

JCB

Likes Bikes
yeah im struggling to get an answer out of a few shops to apparently they cant give any info until july 10th the 2014 range release date which seems weird why would they need to wait for details of a bike thats already been released ?? maybe different spec or a colour change. i don't really want to go put a deposit on one and be waiting months till one arrives without even knowing how long it will take
The current range is the 2013 pre release, apparently a limited edition of sorts. In June they release/announce the proper 2014 range, specs and colour ranges TBA. The dates you are given are aligned with that release. The 2013 limited release is pretty much sold out from what I'm told.

crim 87

Likes Dirt
this is good to know .. if i ever need to sell it .. surely demand should mean i get a decent price , and wont take long to sell ..

taking auction offers of 4k n over .. hahahah jks

rang wembley cycles , they got 1 n sold it . rang lakes a week ago , they had one . i thought about it for a week .. and gathered funds asap , and amazingly it was still there so i grabbed it .
one of the shops said only 10 came to australia , WA got 2-3 , stocks are suppose to be avail end of june .. ( lakes bikes reckon they have stock still avail , so pre order now ) ps .. i hate paying full retail ($3799 if ya wondering ) .. i didnt get 1c discount or ANYTHING to sweeten the deal .. which im bummed about .. yet they wanted me to tell everyone that i bought from lakes bikes and they got stock soonish ..

not sure when i get time to put it into the dirt .but a little ride around the park can feel the extra slackness , tad extra weight ( about 1kg heavier then the 29 stumpy )

im a reasonably strong climber so hard for me to compare climbing cause that comes down to fitness and strength

here is a pic with my stumpy . (stumpy front , enduro rear )
it less wheelbase is clear and shorter chain stays
awsome thanks heaps bud. oh really on 1kg thats nothing and the stumpy is carbon yeah ?? let us know how your first dirt experience goes

crim 87

Likes Dirt
so is there any point in putting a deposit on one now ?? or just waiting the new range drop in july ??

mxracer92

Likes Dirt
well still run out of time for the break in ride , but i did get time to set it up with tubeless , set bars up , fit pedals etc

bike shop said 14kg even .. i weighed with pedals and its ready to roll at 14.5kg .. ( my carbon stumpy 29r is 13.1 kg ready to ride )
might get a ride during the week . (got motox tomorrow)

crim 87

Likes Dirt
well still run out of time for the break in ride , but i did get time to set it up with tubeless , set bars up , fit pedals etc

bike shop said 14kg even .. i weighed with pedals and its ready to roll at 14.5kg .. ( my carbon stumpy 29r is 13.1 kg ready to ride )
might get a ride during the week . (got motox tomorrow)
hey mate have u been out for that ride yet ?? what sort of dirtbike u got i race motox to

mxracer92

Likes Dirt
maiden voyage today , just rode from DELL carpark around lancaster , scorpion , muffin tops and mercury st

bike rides very similar to my stumpy 29r , climbs well , can feel the extra weight. would bash downhill better then stumpy .. but didnt really doing any aggressive riding for a first outing.

i got a couple of yammies , yz450 and yz250 2 stroke .

crim 87

Likes Dirt
maiden voyage today , just rode from DELL carpark around lancaster , scorpion , muffin tops and mercury st

bike rides very similar to my stumpy 29r , climbs well , can feel the extra weight. would bash downhill better then stumpy .. but didnt really doing any aggressive riding for a first outing.

i got a couple of yammies , yz450 and yz250 2 stroke .

thats awsome jesus you have some bikes between your pushies and motos ha ha