2013 World cup round 1 - Fort William!

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
It's finally here, one of the most anticipated seasons yet and it all begins at Fort William this weekend!!!!
Red Bull TV will show the elite men and women from 13.45pm GMT which puts us (NSW time) around ten hours later. That means just before midnight we'll get the two and a half hour broadcast.
Will it be Peat's last season? Will he go all out for that Fort Bill win?
Will Gwin.....win on the new Demo?
Will Troy school them all at full fitness and grab the win?
The bulldog?
Is our boy Sam on a new team and kit capable?
I can't wait!

ajay

^Once punched Jeff Kennett. Don't pick an e-fight
I think it will still be a fight between Gwin and Greg.

So many riders in the hunt, and capable of a podium. I reckon this will be an epic season!
I'm hoping there's some fresh faces on the podium too.

cressa

Likes Dirt
Gwin, Gee & Greg will all be up there. I'd be the happiest guy around to see Sam up there.

Stevie Smith has to be the guy to watch though.

I think this year is different in that all the other guys (brook, cole, hart, Beaumont, brosnan, bryceland et al) don't feel like wild cards. They all have results to their name, they have the experience and god knows they have the speed.

I can't wait.

heavyp

You heard it here first
Gwins bike for fort bill, maybe they can't shift the ones they have made so need to pimp them out. Personally i like it
s780_gwinsbike2.jpg

rider124

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I think Danny or gee will be way up there in the mix at this race!
both been riding well here.

Topperharley

Likes Dirt
Anybody's race.

If there are no mechanicals or crashes from the top boys it could be a second or two separating the top ten.

Remember Sam coming along and pushing everyone technically? Well the top guys caught up and eventually overtook him on the back of Atherton, Minnaar and then Gwinn, who push hard technically but are also uber fit.

This year i reckon most of the elite top ten or even twenty will have been training really hard in the off season, they'll have caught up to Gwinn & Co. for sure.

indica

Serial flasher
Should just rename it UCI day
It's an aberration - UCI don't give us any love at all.

I'm still for Hannah and Hannah having a top season, hopefully Trace can show Rach up this season.
I am sure that Minaar will continue to wipe the arrogant smile from Gee's face.

shhhteve

Likes Dirt
i feel like ferron is going to have a big year..... it would be good to see him go well...

im still a gwin fan but will be interesting to see how everyone has gone in the off season....

Capone

Likes Dirt
It's an aberration - UCI don't give us any love at all.

I'm still for Hannah and Hannah having a top season, hopefully Trace can show Rach up this season.
I am sure that Minaar will continue to wipe the arrogant smile from Gee's face.
I dont care who beats the Atherton's as long as someone does, Especially Rachel, fucking annoying pests

Nautonier

Eats Squid
I dont care who beats the Atherton's as long as someone does, Especially Rachel, fucking annoying pests
With so much Atherton hating going on, I want them to do well. Both are incredible riders who deserve to win as much as anybody in the mix. Don't you like Gee's haircut or something?

morticus

Likes Dirt
Indeed so much hate for the Athertons! I dont mind them at all, and dont see what all the fuss is about. Mind you, last year was my first year of actually watching the world cup.

Capone

Likes Dirt
With so much Atherton hating going on, I want them to do well. Both are incredible riders who deserve to win as much as anybody in the mix. Don't you like Gee's haircut or something?
I just think they are sooking prats, i think this view is fairly common around the place

Dan on the other hand seems to be the shining star in the group

rsquared

Likes Dirt
Danny to be top 2 on this track with Brayton and Simmonds as dark horses to do well.

Am I just too excited and impatient or has the scheduling or rules changed this year regarding track walks, practice and media? I'm sure track walk or practice vids were out by Thursday or at least Friday at races last year.

whitey89

Likes Bikes and Dirt
So keen, good thing its a public holiday on Monday! join the dirt fantasy league pin: 27322

Last edited:

Dene Dweller

Likes Dirt
Danny to be top 2 on this track with Brayton and Simmonds as dark horses to do well.

Am I just too excited and impatient or has the scheduling or rules changed this year regarding track walks, practice and media? I'm sure track walk or practice vids were out by Thursday or at least Friday at races last year.
I was thinking the same thing, usually track walk would have been yesterday (last night) at the latest followed by practice the following day. I woke up eager this morning to see pics and watch videos while having breakfast and was met by disappointment :(

Here's the schedule: http://fortwilliamworldcup.co.uk/what-and-when/downhill/downhill-schedule/

Should be vids/pics tomorrow morning, I can't handle a second day of being disappointed.