VIC 2013 VES Enduro Series.

dowey42

Likes Dirt
Damn that blue gravel.....damn it to hell....
That was torture on the last lap, 4th last lap, 3rd last lap .... First two were ok :smile:

That new track obviously put in will be fantastic once it beds in and dries out.

Thanks to all involved at BSCC. Challenging but rewarding course. Great job.

Russity

Likes Bikes
There was the very faintest of lines forming up the blue gravel by the tennis courts. Didn't see it first lap....caught it on the second...third and last lap (wimpy 3hr loser guy) I had to get out of the way as the master of the 6hr were trawling past me. Thought it polite to give them first dibs on the good line.

Agred, that once it dries out up that nasty twisty climb out the back, the course will be great....riding it the other way around is cool too.

Cúl-Báire

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Was a tough course, a lot of hard work but an enjoyable event all the same. Pretty sore today, but pulled up ok otherwise.

Results anyone?

moorey

call me Mia
Was a tough course, a lot of hard work but an enjoyable event all the same. Pretty sore today, but pulled up ok otherwise.

Results anyone?
Never saw a Titus.... Not for want if looking?
Did meet Art Vandaley. Didn't look at all like George Costanza :tsk:

Cúl-Báire

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Probably because it was covered in mud, like myself... I seemed to be the dirtiest rider out there for some reason???

LOL @ Art Vandaley

Art Vanderlay

Hourly daily
Yeah, probably have more of a Kramer type stature. Though my mum & dad remind me of Frank & Estelle Constanza.....Was nice to meet you Moorey. My wife did have a laugh.....not at you, just at the whole rotorburn thing.

Enjoyed the day. Had a few mechanical issues early but, the bike came good and rode through to the end. The course was great, some quick downhill sections (nearly lost it a few times on those golf cart tracks) climbs were good.......anyone find any golf balls?

moorey

call me Mia
Saw a couple of balls. Was riding slow enough to easily grab them if I wanted to.
Re, mechanicals, I was dicking about before race up on lawn riding beside a mate, I grabbed his brake lever, lost balance, dropped my bike and stood on derailleur. Looked ok and seemed fine, but must have bent it or hanger and had a bitch of a ride where virtually every gear skipped and just couldn't get it tuned.
It was worth it to be a chunt. :drama:

tyler07

Squid
Loved the course, loved the location.....great for racers that have young families.

Only a couple small glitches,

1. No briefing, it was 30 seconds and go.

2. 3 hr racers off the course at their form up point to allow safe passage for the 6 hr racers.

3. Maybe some commentary or music at transition to create an atmosphere.

4. No prizes for category place getters

Congratulations on a great event, I'll be back.

TJ.

Russity

Likes Bikes
Loved the course, loved the location.....great for racers that have young families.

Only a couple small glitches,

1. No briefing, it was 30 seconds and go.

2. 3 hr racers off the course at their form up point to allow safe passage for the 6 hr racers.

3. Maybe some commentary or music at transition to create an atmosphere.

4. No prizes for category place getters

Congratulations on a great event, I'll be back.

TJ.
Glad you enjoyed the race and it's always good to get feedback, good or bad.
To give a bit of a shout out to our race director Kat, it was her first go at organising such an event and I think she did a stellar job. I'm sure she will take on board the comment about the briefing, but I think she was trying to get us 3hr guys away bang on time, so perhaps didn't have as much time as she had hoped for the briefing. The Greek God of timing "Mathos" would have cast down a plague of locusts had the new timing system had to deal with a delay (joking Paul).

We normally do have the best commentator out there in Mr Chris Quain. He has the music and the verbals going for the whole 6 hours, but unfortunatley couldn't make it on Sunday. He has done our MC work for last years VES round and the 3hr Interwinter this year, so was greatly missed this year.

Prizes for Place getters....agreed. It would be nice, but not essential to a good day's racing.

Glad to hear you'll be back and I know all your comments will be taken on board. Thanks for sharing.

riderideride

Likes Dirt
Prizes for Place getters....agreed. It would be nice, but not essential to a good day's racing.
Yeah but every other round does. It was a bit weird getting a prize and then second and third got nothing.
I thought the race was well run. Personally I prefer the tracks you used to hold the inter winter series at. Not much flow to be had seemed to be the sentiment around transition. Good day out in the sun though :)

AlanT

Likes Dirt
Any photos up anywhere?
Just got back off a holiday - a few photographs and a little round up will be up on http://www.vicenduroseries.com.au/ very soon.

Otherwise check out Theo de Pree's photos - http://www.tmpics.com/node/36

Also have a look at this facebook gallery - https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10151686648179779.1073741827.276554684778&type=1

Next round is 1.5 factor points and is only NEXT week (20th October)! http://www.entryzone.com.au/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=96

LabRat

Likes Dirt
Does anyone have any updates on the track condition for Sunday's Rock Hop Round?

Am tossing up between my Carbon 29er Hardtail or my Yeti SB66?? Any recommendations would be appreciated as I've never ridden the track :tsk:

Fifteen.Hundred

Likes Dirt
Does anyone have any updates on the track condition for Sunday's Rock Hop Round?

Am tossing up between my Carbon 29er Hardtail or my Yeti SB66?? Any recommendations would be appreciated as I've never ridden the track :tsk:
Beaconsfield doesn't see that much traffic. I raced there a few weeks ago and the trails for the most part were pretty dry, only a couple of muddy areas. I'd imagine they would be in a similar state for Sunday.

Someone put it best when they described 6 hours @ Beaconsfield like doing 6 hours of interval training, a lap there is pretty tough, ride the bike you would be happiest to endure that on!

Art Vanderlay

Hourly daily
Did this race last year, was muddy as buggery. Hardtail will be a bit rattly on the downhills but good for the climbs. I'm thinking dually as I'm still a bit beat from 24 in canberra last week..