QLD 2013 RRR Mountain Bike Challenge

indica

Serial flasher
It's only my second.
I'd say elbows out for the Bump Track - take out those that are slower!

outtacontrol

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Long boring ride for less than 10 minutes of fun on The Bump. Race is as good as over at the bottom.

Only did it the once. That was enough for me...

indica

Serial flasher
The long course has a fun loop at the top, but it is too long for me. Negative nancy you.

outtacontrol

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Yep, flying up from Melb Friday morning. Just checked the weather forecast - 27-27-27-26. Gotta love FNQ.

Any advice for a viRRRgin ?
Main highlight will be the Bump Track towards the end of the ride. It's an old pioneer track that took early settlers from the coastal plain up onto the tablelands. It is super fun!
The first half is down through rainforest and is great fun. Nothing here to worry about, so go as hard as you can. When you get to the rocky creek with the steel walkway it will start to get much steeper on the other side. Track surfaces turns from loam to gravel and is a series of bullet fast, steep lines linked up with sketchy off camber corners. If you take your time on the stuff before the Bump, you can use all the dead bodies here to rail like a burm :)

indica

Serial flasher
The Bump was hectic, passing in the grass with a chopper over my head. Gee that was fun.
2 hours, mid field, pretty happy with that for the 35km.