2013 giant anthem o 29er

Tryin

Squid
Does anybody have a review about this bike? Want to purchase one this week. What do you think about them?

whitey89

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Get one! Great value with the carbon X0 crankset + other spec (not to mention they look awesome) The ride is great - check out this [video=youtube;q-siPXpv_9A]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q-siPXpv_9A&feature=plcp[/video]

Most of the hype/reviews for the 2013 anthems were around the carbon version, heres the closest thing I could find pinkbike review. The geo is the same as the alloy version, but you get a stiffer/lighter ride out of carbon.

PM me if you are in Sydney and want a demo ride on the trails this week, we also have stock of the Anthem 0.

pharmaboy

Eats Squid
Does anybody have a review about this bike? Want to purchase one this week. What do you think about them?
Its essentially the same as the 2012 model per forks and shock - the bars are wider, and the BB is now sram rather than shimano.

This years wheels might be better, but i just swapped some crests on hope2 's in anyway on the 2012 model. There are stacks of these being ridden around the place and i dont see a second hand market flooded with them either, so people must like em. I like mine, though sometimes I have a hard time trying to ride slowly.

Also essentially the same as the 2011 blue and silver ,model except the fork and shock are different - but the geo is the same - so it hasnt exactly been changing much.

milly76

Likes Bikes
2013 Giant Anthem 0

I have been riding the al version for 18 months and he has been bullet proof in terms of reliability. It has only been in recent months I have had the opportunity to ride an carbon epic expert and just this weekend gone by I test rode a carbon Scott spark 920 2013 model. I have to say with complete honesty both the epic and the Scott outperformed the anthem in the tight and twisty stuff, in particular really tight switch back climbs. Read any anthem 29er review and a common theme is the longer rear chain stays and how that relates to a cumbersome feel in tight turns. Aside from now offering the anthem in carbon the frame geometry is identical to the original 2011 al version. The benefits of carbon are well documented and I'm sure the weight saving alone will make a great bike even better.

I'm certainly not saying the anthem is less of a bike than the other two examples it just excels in different areas. I would urge you to test ride an epic or Scott just for a comparison especially if your local includes plenty of tight stuff.

Disclaimer - these views and opinions are from a rank amateur and based only on my personal experiences.

Tryin

Squid
Thanks guys, unfortunately I won't be able to test ride one this week as I'm really busy at work but thankyou for the offer, I have gotten a great deal on this bike to good to pass up the other bikes mentioned are just a bit to much out of my reach. The only other bike that I would buy over the latest model would be the 2011 model, I know it would be a long shot but is there still a new one floating around? Lol.

whitey89

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Thanks guys, unfortunately I won't be able to test ride one this week as I'm really busy at work but thankyou for the offer, I have gotten a great deal on this bike to good to pass up the other bikes mentioned are just a bit to much out of my reach. The only other bike that I would buy over the latest model would be the 2011 model, I know it would be a long shot but is there still a new one floating around? Lol.
What size are you? We have a 2012 Anthem X Advanced PM me if your keen, its a 26" though.

Tryin

Squid
New proud owner, what a bike, took it out for it's maiden voyage last night the handling blew me away, out climbs like a mountain goat, soaks up fire road like it doesn't exist, flicking around single track is so much bloody fun I've got a smile from ear to ear, a few tweaks and she will be sorted. Anybody thinking of buying one I say go for it you will not be disappointed.bring on the Kowalski classic this weekend.

mr chicken legs

Likes Bikes
hoping to pick up my one next week. having it built up. enve xc wheels. full xtr. rp 23 kashima coat shock. rockshox sid forks. should be a weapon.

Last edited:
updates

I'm torn between the trance 29er and the anthem.
I much prefer the part spec on the anthem. Being shimano over sram
But the trance sounds like such a fun bike to ride.