2013 Aurum II or Demo 8i

PIC1

Likes Dirt
Trouble trouble. Leaning towards the Aurum based on parts.
What are your opinions?

cheers :)

Last edited:

nzblakis

Likes Bikes and Dirt
going to tbsm in a few minutes .....

but still undecided on which bike
Ok, cool.

Post up your thoughts if you dont mind - I sat on an Aurum in whistler (with hand still in cast) and it felt very nice, hard to tell though.

Sanders.

Likes Dirt
Demo. Aurum's are good bikes, but i would go for something that has been around a little longer. I have heard the Aurum's are pretty stable, but the demo has always been a stable bike and will corner better than the aurum. Both use FSR so it's hard to compare linkage systems apart from the Aurum using a vertical shock which i am not a fan of on my glory. In terms of Spec, the aurum defintely does better with the ZEE groupset and other components though. Pretty much a tough decision that would be down to you.

I know two people with them any only positive comments have come up. They look soo nice and feel so sick to ride, New grips and pedals and its ready to race.
Why is your Avatar a picture of me riding?

just picked up a 2012 Aurum 2 yesterday.. haven't ridden it yet but if it rides like it looks i'll be over the moon.
The 2013 looks even nicer.. good luck dude. btw, the guys at 99bikes are really helpful and they'll beat most prices out there. They got me a great price on the Aurum.

morticus

Likes Dirt
I will say Demo, because i have the 2013 model and its sick. It is true what they say though, they do ride really low. The elixir 5 brakes are a lot better than what i thought they would be and its so smooth through the rough stuff. I suppose the question will be can you get your hands on a demo? From most reports shops are having dramas getting them in if you haven't pre ordered one.

jamballz

Likes Dirt
just picked up a 2012 Aurum 2 yesterday.. haven't ridden it yet but if it rides like it looks i'll be over the moon.
The 2013 looks even nicer.. good luck dude. btw, the guys at 99bikes are really helpful and they'll beat most prices out there. They got me a great price on the Aurum.
+1 99Bikes., Used to work there and policy is to beat any legit price. I.e. Any quote you get from TBSM will be beaten. P.s. Speak to Andrew if you can.

Both the Demo and Aurum are sick bikes - speaking from experience. If I could get a current Demo for the same price and spec as an Aurum. It would be a Demo i'd buy. But living in the real world and realizing it's next to impossible to get a discount from Specialized, it's an Aurum hand's down.

They feel and handle amazing!!!

+1 Aurum

walkietalkie

Likes Dirt
I looked at both including a Giant sometime back. Narrowed down to the Norco.
Just felt great and everything seemed balanced to my size/weight and riding stance.
Go with what you feels right, sit, ride and ponder! Your choice and you will become one!! :)

No plug from me for 99........

D.Norton

Likes Dirt
Its a pretty simple choice people:

Why the fuck buy something with good parts which hang off something that handles and performs inferior.

You can always buy the nicer parts as things break/wear... but the frame is always the first thing to look at.

The demo is a given mate.