DH 2013 Aurum 2

srsbsns

Likes Bikes
So after my previous bike got stolen (see thread) I had to fork out and buy another, start the build all over again. Heres v2, standard so far except for Renthal bar and stem. Plenty of upgrades in the works when funds allow.

norcssml.jpg

Yep

Squid
Very nice use of depth of field on ya camera :dance:

Seriously though, very nice looking bike mate!

RYDA

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Good to see manufacturers using Shimano gear stock. What brakes is it running?

Looks good!

srsbsns

Likes Bikes
Thanks guys, yeah it's all the ZEE running gear. All works excellent, doesn't feel like budget gear. The seat is a Silverado Comp according to google. Anyone have any idea how long the Boxxer springs take to break in? Pretty skittery first ride today haha

HimynameisMike

Likes Dirt
I've been debating whether to go for a Norco Aurum or a Kona Operator lately...... that photo alone makes it look so awesome I think I'm sold! Pimpin ride dude.

srsbsns

Likes Bikes
Been a while, bike was looking a little tired after this race season so I gave it a freshen up. Few new parts to come here and there.

IMG_8097sml.jpg

IMG_8100sml.jpg

IMG_8102sml.jpg

IMG_8107sml.jpg

srsbsns

Likes Bikes
Fuck that looks good!

any particular tools/methods?
Or just good ol' paint stripper and sandpaper?
It came up a treat, yeah no special tricks. Industrial paint stripper, a hard bristle tooth brush and a wooden scraper. I wanted to keep the raw look of the ali so I only sanded with a 2000 grit paper to clean it a little, but kept the original brushed look. Gave it a bit of a polish with Autosol before it was clear powder coated. I'm now in the process of raping my bank account every time I go to put a part on it, none of the old beat up kit seems good enough for the rebuild.

Flint

Likes Dirt
Very nice, now you've got me thinking about my Kona Operator lol. The paint is ok now but I suspect I might have a small crack so if I stripped it right back to see then clear coated it afterwards its a win win (provided there is no crack).

I do like what Trek did with the Session 8, some brushed aluminium and some paint, looks very good as well.

shirtz

Likes Bikes and Dirt
first up it looked stunning black and stock.

ive got the LE in pretty green and blue but always planned to go raw once it got beaten up. got pics of it built up? id just put a suttle black norco down its flanks and leave it.

srsbsns

Likes Bikes
first up it looked stunning black and stock.

ive got the LE in pretty green and blue but always planned to go raw once it got beaten up. got pics of it built up? id just put a suttle black norco down its flanks and leave it.
I was thinking about getting some Norco decals made up for it but seeing it all back together now I think I'm going to leave it completely raw.

Just finished putting it back together, picked up a few new bits n bobs from the LBS. Also got a bit bored and dropped 3 gears off, 7spd now. Only got a couple of shed photos for now, I'll have to get it out in the sun this week for a proper shoot.

IMG_8109sml.jpg

IMG_8113sml.jpg

IMG_8125sml.jpg

srsbsns

Likes Bikes
hot. im lookin at mine as i type haha.

weight? :p
Wouldn't have a clue haha, not big on that but its probably pretty heavy. If you do decide to strip yours just make sure you have plenty of beer and a well stocked iPod, took me the best part of a weekend to do. Also get your LBS to order in a bearing kit for it, they kinda fall apart when you press the old ones out.

srsbsns

Likes Bikes
Couple of parts updated

888 RC3 Evo v2 Ti
CCDB Air
SGD I-Fly seat and post
Chromag Fubar OSX
Rockguardz Carbon downtube protector

Probably a few other odd little parts that I've forgotten.

Apologies for the potato photo it's all I've got for now

photo (5).jpg

It did alright in Whistler for a month, so I'm happy with how it sits.

tumblr_n9517puQR61tfjjfno1_1280.jpg