2012 Ancillotti DHY

evObda2

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Russ.. I may be interested in one of these. If your really after one I'll see what I can come up with and get back to you.

drivebytrucker

Likes Dirt
anyone looking to buy one, is better off trying the ancillotti uk people. you can link to it from the main site. the guy who is in uk is, or at least was, good a responding and is helpfull. not that tommasso isn't but his english isnt the best and he is very busy building, racing and running the team and bussiness and it takes him a long time to reply. not as bad as brent foes though.

they also ahve a second hand section but its a nightmare to navigate as its in italian, unless of course you are fluent in italian then its probably quite simple.

cluster

Likes Dirt
I'm sure this is an amazing bike, however it looks like they forgot to design in the seat and thought..."lets just wack it on here"!
Everything else on it looks well designed IMHO.
haha so true... im just picturing two guys standing back stroking their chins:
"looks great... but there's something not quite right. Something's missing."
"I know what you mean. oh well, lets go try it out"
(hops on and goes to sit down)
"aha!"

kind of like the guys who designed the gt dhi... "aw damn, forgot that blasted seatstay... again." :doh:

heavyp

You heard it here first
This years bike looks amazing too specially with those boxxers on it even with there horrible stanchion graphics.
Bike.jpg

Viv92

Eats Squid
Rhys Willemse will be riding the new DHY at the next world champs and world cups. His racing starts this weekend at the IXS race in Pila. Rhys said the bike is so smooth and really nice to ride. Rhys is really looking forward to getting back into the world cup racing on the new 2012 DHY Ancillotti.
Best news in ages!!! Better luck htis time rhys

russthedog

Likes Bikes and Dirt
But it is completely possible. I've done it a couple of times and if you have your heart set on a specific bike, is more than manageable.
ok so are you talking about other manufacturers or these guys? because these guys dont reply to anything - whether you talk to them through the uk office or the italian mob. i tried for 18 months and then gave up a few months ago.

i have spoken to other OS manufacturers and they are all good, pointless comparing any one supplier to another really.

If you can do it with ancillotti then you are better at net communication with them than i.

evObda2

Likes Bikes and Dirt
ok so are you talking about other manufacturers or these guys? because these guys dont reply to anything - whether you talk to them through the uk office or the italian mob. i tried for 18 months and then gave up a few months ago.

i have spoken to other OS manufacturers and they are all good, pointless comparing any one supplier to another really.

If you can do it with ancillotti then you are better at net communication with them than i.
Don't know what you've been doing but i sent an email when this thread started and got a reply back not too long after?
Try the UK guys again..

stevenw

Pro Rider
I talk to Tomaso Ancillotti all the time on skype and he speaks/types good English. I can give you his skype address if anyone wants to contact him about buying a bike.

harveyp

Likes Dirt
nice, looks alot like a moto suspension platform.. that chain guide loop thing on the chain stay is not going to work though...
Yeah, tell that to Rhys Willemse who is racing this rig at World Champs! The bike is awesome & performs brilliantly - 23rd at Val di Sole 2 weeks ago is pretty good testament to the it! Have been hanging with Tomaso (owner/designer/builder) for the past week & can confirm he knows his shit!!