2012 Ancillotti DHY

heavyp

You heard it here first
Yes its in the 2012 parts thread but for those who do not look in there heres the new Ancillotti
ancillotti-dhy-2012-tested-in-articolo-0.jpg
ancillotti-dhy-2012-tested-in-articolo-1.jpg
ancillotti-dhy-2012-tested-in-articolo-2.jpg
ancillotti-dhy-2012-tested-in-articolo-7.jpg
ancillotti-dhy-2012-tested-in-articolo-81.jpg
[video=vimeo;27262896]http://vimeo.com/27262896[/video]

needaride

Likes Dirt
nice, looks alot like a moto suspension platform.. that chain guide loop thing on the chain stay is not going to work though...

drivebytrucker

Likes Dirt
they make their own shock. the whole bike is hand made by tomassi and his old man, quite literally in the basement of the house in dogtown italy. the chain guide loop has been working on this frame for years, these are just awesome machines, and the last time i played on one was about 5 years agao and it looks alot more refined now.

stevenw

Pro Rider
Rhys Willemse will be riding the new DHY at the next world champs and world cups. His racing starts this weekend at the IXS race in Pila. Rhys said the bike is so smooth and really nice to ride. Rhys is really looking forward to getting back into the world cup racing on the new 2012 DHY Ancillotti.

dw4dh

Likes Dirt
I'm sure it goes like a beast, But personally not a fan of the look of this bike at all

Ivan

Eats Squid
Pretty sure ancilloti have been making dh bikes from the early 90's I couldnt find all there rides but maybe avanti copied them ?
The scissor link design has been widely used in the past and continues to be used by most MX bikes, so it doesn't really matter.

I have ridden a couple of bikes with this design and they were both great, but all needed a custom changuide. That, and the exposed shock, are about the only negatives of the design.

evObda2

Likes Bikes and Dirt
It's not that hard to get one.. Just buy one from either an overseas distributor or direct, ship it over, then get jabbed by the 15% gov tax on top..

24alpha

mtbpicsonline.com
I'm sure this is an amazing bike, however it looks like they forgot to design in the seat and thought..."lets just wack it on here"!
Everything else on it looks well designed IMHO.

tumble

Likes Dirt
Rhys Willemse will be riding the new DHY at the next world champs and world cups. His racing starts this weekend at the IXS race in Pila. Rhys said the bike is so smooth and really nice to ride. Rhys is really looking forward to getting back into the world cup racing on the new 2012 DHY Ancillotti.
Wish him all the luck & hope he keeps injury free so he can reach his potential.