2011 Trek Session 88

WynterPlace

Likes Bikes and Dirt
No moreso than a Yeti 303 R-DH.

I think it looks hawt... but so did the previous model. It's on my wishlist.

nzblakis

Likes Bikes and Dirt
No moreso than a Yeti 303 R-DH.

I think it looks hawt... but so did the previous model. It's on my wishlist.
exactly - the Yeti's is really quite large! good though... I love both the 303s and the sessions, one of each for me please!!!

mxwill63

Likes Dirt
yeah I'm saying 09 was the looker, this colour scheme does nothing for me really. The concept green/black one looked awesome
Yeah, im hoping that there are some more colour schemes, kinda looks a bit pink too me, but i guess thats because i am slightly colour blind:eek::eek:

Luke_99

Likes Dirt
Its looks great.
Just wondering why most 2011 bikes don't come out with the 2011 sram setup? As you can see, this bike has this years (2010) sram XO model. I know its quite picky but i just don't understand why they wouldn't use 2011 components.

spanky

Likes Bikes
Its looks great.
Just wondering why most 2011 bikes don't come out with the 2011 sram setup? As you can see, this bike has this years (2010) sram XO model. I know its quite picky but i just don't understand why they wouldn't use 2011 components.
either because A)they cant get the 2011 stuff from sram in time for their product release
or B) its a ship load cheaper to spec with older stuff that sram is trying to run out
or C) both

kona_kona

Likes Dirt
Looks pretty slick. I'm a little concerned over how heavy it looks though. Anyone got a rough weight of it?

Steve.G

Squid
i would have to agree with the above comment, it does give off the appearance that it will be on te heavier side. really like the colours though, basic but effective.

+1 for the fork bumers on the frame, very good idea.

Blackthorn

Likes Dirt
Looks pretty slick. I'm a little concerned over how heavy it looks though. Anyone got a rough weight of it?
Given that this years were pretty light, I'd guess around 17-18kg? It might look chunky but those tubes could be butted making them reasonably light?

Personally I'd rather 9 speed gear on a DH bike as opposed to the new 10 speed. For the amount of times the rear mech is wiped out, the cheaper the replacement parts the better. I'd also be a bit suspect as to how 10 speed chains would run on the chunky 9speed front chainrings that we all love and use.

Last edited: