2011 Sunshine Series Discussion and Information

Dirt king

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Yes Illinbah is awesome and hard track but QLD seems to lack a bit of consistency and all I have herd is how wild and hard Tasmania and Buller was.

Beerby Isn't the hardest track out there although a fun track that I will still race anyday, and last years Brookfeild had lots of fire road.

Don't get me wrong we have some realy nice tracks that are fun to ride but they don't have the same stuff like what tassy and baw baw have, would you rather race Tasmania or Beerburrum for free?
The reason we can't be Tassy or Victoria is because have you seen our hinterland? There are a few 'hills' that we can ride, and all of the other we can't due to restrictions from government etc.

Tassy and Victoria are cities, that have in Australian terms, mountains and lots of them. Brisbane and surrounding areas are spread across a large area, and really we do not have the access to places to race.

jon55sey

Likes Dirt
I think your over stepping the mark Bogga, you've had 4 bob worth now.

But seriously, you're on the money mate.

This Series would benefit greatly from having its own website dedicated to it. Majority of the info we got last year was 2nd hand on this forum. For someone that knew how to build a simple website, it would take next to time to construct and update. Why it already hasn't happened, I don't know. I would put my hand up but I have no clue.

Nearly a month into the new year we still don't have the slightest clue of dates or venues. Not ideal and doing this will lead to the downfall of DH in this state.

tumble

Likes Dirt
This Series would benefit greatly from having its own website dedicated to it. Majority of the info we got last year was 2nd hand on this forum. For someone that knew how to build a simple website, it would take next to time to construct and update. Why it already hasn't happened, I don't know. I would put my hand up but I have no clue.

Nearly a month into the new year we still don't have the slightest clue of dates or venues. Not ideal and doing this will lead to the downfall of DH in this state.
I agree with the website idea.. someone with the know how needs to approach Haydo & see if this is worth doing.
This years schedule is days from being announced.
You can't blame them for announcing it so late when 75% of our state has been washed into the ocean.

edit: An option might be to approach the major sponsor KWT Maxxis (assuming their continuing their commitment to the series) to utilize their existing site better. But for the long term an exclusive site would be preferable.

Last edited:

toodles

Wheel size expert
Hope there is no cedar creek, that is one of the worst tracks i have ridden...
Get your hand off it - one of the better SEQ tracks I've seen since I started racing in '96. The only problem was a shuttleroad that was impassable in the wet.

Bonogin !!!
Crap for a race for a lot of reasons. Think about it.

I don't care if we race the same tracks 3 times a year. I wanna see more racing in SEQ, on a more frequent basis. Sure the tracks could be different as a way of better preparing the locals for nats and OS races, but even more important is just pure racing experience. Any racer will tell you that race experience in invaluable - it doesn't matter if you're talking about Beerburrum or Cedar Creek. Just more start gates and timed runs would do everyone a world of good.

shhhteve

Likes Dirt
its all well and good to want to race places but when no one rocks up for build days we can only expect to ride gayburrum

RYDA

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Last edited:

$ean

Likes Dirt
Just a thought but if there isn't a chance of getting more races in the series then why not make some of the races a longer weekend? E.g. Friday-Sat-Sun? Also having a website for the series would be very benificial for everyone and wouldnt take much to get a website going for the series. www.webs.com is a website that allows you to make a website of your own for free (just a thought).;)

kosz888

Likes Dirt
What about practice\fun days

What about practice\fun days, does anyone know if anything is coming up? While were not racing it would be good to get some practice in especially for those that don't have a regular riding crew with a shuttle vehicle.

DVS969

Likes Dirt
I would imagine that all the tracks would need some much needed maintenance after all this rain so I don't think there will be any fun days in the near future unfortunately, Plus having a race weekend would be good but Im sure most people who race also have to work so maybe a Saturday/Sunday event would be better suited. Plus that would mean more money with one more nights accomodation for those farther away races.

wertmewert

Likes Dirt
I Know we simply can't have as good tracks as other states because of our hills and i am happy to race beery any day as i said. Sorry if I came of wingey

as pointed out by nic we only had4 races last year. I think that we should have as many races as possible within limits, the website idea is also great.

catys

Likes Bikes
sunny series

guys toowoomba was spose to be the first rd this year in the first wkend of may,but after what just happen there the track is pretty much f##ked,i have being told that the ss race calendar will be up in the next couple of weeks,but not sure what site there putting it up on.we should be going up to toowoomba in the next couple of weeks to have a look at the track,hopefully it can be fixed.

friz

Likes Dirt
Ok boys and girls, some may know Harvey Power President of the Gold Coast Mountian club, I have taken his place in the Sunshine Series planning committee. One word FLOODS next word REBUILD, houses, businesses and TRACKS. So look at your clubs newesletters, websites or whatever for track build days, because they will be coming up. Illinbah will have one I promise you.

Fraser.

wertmewert

Likes Dirt
What can people can do to help with te sunshine series? As inncould we make a group that don't necessarily organise ghthings but help out with other stuff like track maintenance before the race and stuff like that? Many hands make light work?

nic1894

Likes Bikes and Dirt
very keen to help out with re-building tracks. i think with a good amount of hands we could have tracks up and running in no time! :)

friz

Likes Dirt
keen to help out at any track, hopefully if this rain stops there will be most tracks up and running in time for the series
What can people can do to help with te sunshine series? As inncould we make a group that don't necessarily organise ghthings but help out with other stuff like track maintenance before the race and stuff like that? Many hands make light work?
very keen to help out with re-building tracks. i think with a good amount of hands we could have tracks up and running in no time! :)
The way to find out what,where and when to help out is to go along to a club meeting, or your club may have a website that will give information regarding volunteers.
A club meeting is not a scarey place, its just normal people getting together trying to get things done by PLANNING.

PLEASE peolpe go to a club meeting, it really does HELP YOUR CLUB.

Fraser.

wertmewert

Likes Dirt
Thanks Friz, And is complusery membership for a club on the cards for this year, works well interstate and could help clubs ut with funds?