2011 Kona Coilair

Traumaboy

Likes Dirt
My new Bike for everything. beefy enough for downhill and freeride but light and pedal efficient enough to do cross country and all mountain riding on it. Uses Kona's gen 2 magic link.

Frame Material: Kona Clump Butted Aluminum Butted 120-200mm travel
Rear Shock: Fox Float RP2 BSD
Fork: Fox 36 Talas R 180mm w/20mm TA
Crankarms: Truvativ Hammerschmidt
Chainrings: bashie/36/22
B/B: Truvativ Hammerschmidt
Pedals: Truvativ Hollzfeller flats
Chain: SRAM PowerChain 951
Freewheel: SRAM PowerGlide 950 11-34 9 spd
F/D: Truvativ Hammerschmidt
R/D: SRAM X9 SGS
Shifters:
Front: X9 Hammerschmidt
Rear: SRAM X7
Brake Calipers: Avid Elixir 5
Front Brake Rotor: Avid G3 Clean Sweep 203mm
Rear Brake Rotor: Avid G3 Clean Sweep 185mm
Brake Levers: Avid Elixir 5
Headset: FSA No.57BP
Handlebar: Kona XC/OB Riser
Stem: Kona XC/BC
Seatpost: Kona Primo Double Clamp w/offset
Seat Clamp: Kona QR
Grips: Kona G-LOG
Saddle: WTB Valcon Comp
Front Hub: Easton Vice Disc Wheelset 20mm
Rear Hub: Easton Vice Disc Wheelset 12mm
Spokes: Easton Vice Disc Wheelset
Rims: Easton Vice Disc Wheelset
Front Tire: Maxxis 26x2.5 DHF
Rear Tire: Maxxis 26x2.35 High Roller

Attachments

HAR

Likes Bikes
Just put a remote adjustable seat post on it and you would have the most versatile bike on the planet :cool:

koneko

Cannon Fodder
Hello, i would like to have more information about the rear wheel. It's written "12 mm" and the width ? 135 or 142 mm ?

You're probably the first person who present this bike on internet, nobody else have this bike ?

Thanks.

I answer to myself, i receive mine 3 days ago, and it's an 135 mm hub.

Bye.

Last edited:

superfunride

Cannon Fodder
size?

looks super sweet man!!
just wondering im thinking of getting one too, what size frame is yours? And how tall are you? (if you dont mind me asking!!)
thanks man

theMerryPrankster

Likes Dirt
Can you give us a ride review when you get a chance?

Would be curious to find out if the MagicLink is as magical as they make it out to be in the press releases.

MB

Intense Australia
Can you give us a ride review when you get a chance?

Would be curious to find out if the MagicLink is as magical as they make it out to be in the press releases.
Yes indeed it magical! I have spent time on these bikes, and I can say that they are a bunch of fun to ride... Not for the faint hearted though. If you want an aggressive, playful steed, you are on the right path. These bikes rock!

Ride it hard, and give her heaps!

ozimad

Likes Dirt
I had previously bought a 2010 Kona Coilair and was extremely dissapointed... I guess this is a personal thing however jus didnt feel at home with it...

Sold it for half the price I paid for and bought a Reign X1... Couldnt be happier

koneko

Cannon Fodder
looks super sweet man!!
just wondering im thinking of getting one too, what size frame is yours? And how tall are you? (if you dont mind me asking!!)
thanks man
Sorry for the late, i choose an 18" frame size and i'm 6 foot tall (1m83) i wanted a bike for everything. I live in the french alps so during the inter seasons (may-june) i want a bike to climb (a little bit) and ride AM single tracks. During the summer season (july-august) i ride resort so more freeride and light DH.
In 18" size the wheelbase is long (1194 mm) a bit longer than my last Dh bike, i wonder if an 16" should be ok, i think but it's too late ;)

For Kramer : i rode AM and i was very surprise by the system, the bike doesn't pump at all and works perfectly in the downhill.

I change the stem for a short one, Sunline DH 40 mm instead of the Kona 60 mm. The handlebar too for an Spank 777 (i had on my dh bike) and a set of Mavic Deemax.
I don't know if the Easton vice wheelset are strong i don't know them, they look like i will see but i put Deemax on because i always rode them before.

I will put picture of it next time.

Bye