VIC 2011/2012 MTBA All Mountain Cup Round 2 - Mt Buller

frenchie

Glenorchy MTB Park
DH riders will be sent off in a separate start group from the AMC group. As has been mentioned, plenty of passing on Delatite and riders will be sent off at 30 sec intervals in a seeded fashion.

Stand alone entry and pricing will be out soon- I'll advise when it is up

Cheers,

Simon

dirtpig

Likes Bikes
I've stayed at Merrijig lodge a couple of times now. Yully is managing it as a MTB lodge this summer bike storage/tools/MTB vids and mags around the place. its pretty good value and real nice food too (al a carte menu).

akashra

Eats Squid
Yeah, Merrijig is what was recommended by a few that stayed there this weekend just gone. I think it was ~$80/head/night? Pretty decent value, only downside I could see is it's a lodge, meaning shared facilities etc, which some people don't care about.
The Arlberg is closed until June for renovations, which I know we used to pretty much book out, so that's wiped out a lot of available accomodation for this years event (there's not a great deal that stays open year round). The Chalet is good, but pricey (>200/night).

normdouglas

Likes Dirt
For accommodation check out highcountryreservations.com.au

Also... if you haven't yet watched one of the YouTube videos of River Spur (Deletite) on the MTBA facebook page, then you should if you are still "worried" about it.

River Spur on a real DH bike would be slower... something that would help however, is bigger bag tires for the top sections.

The only real technical aspect to River Spur is the loose rocks at the top section and the speed that one "can" get.

As has been said, imagine a big rough fireroad, that goes down a long way at a somewhat gradual rate interspersed with the most unroool log bridges you have ever seen.

It's a freekin hoot!

akashra

Eats Squid
Buller entries and accom should be long sorted by now. I'm waiting for Eagle entries to open so I can enter my credit card details again and book accom - though I can do the latter now that the schedule is up.

Edit: bah, turns out they are open! Doesn't say anything about it on the website though.

Last edited:

akashra

Eats Squid
I was getting a lot of questions from the parents of two junior riders about this (and a few other riders), a few which I didn't know were:
- Is there entry for the XCO only, or for the SuperD only - and if so, how much is it, and where can it be entered? (I believe you can enter SD only, but not XCO only?)
- Is there a list somewhere of which categories will make use of the shortened (12km) XCP lap?
- Is there a list of which categories will start together, or wave gaps, for the XCP?
- What order will riders be called up for the SD?

Also amongst the questions was "should I bring the 26" or 29"? :)

frenchie

Glenorchy MTB Park
See below;

I was getting a lot of questions from the parents of two junior riders about this (and a few other riders), a few which I didn't know were:
- Is there entry for the XCO only, or for the SuperD only - and if so, how much is it, and where can it be entered? (I believe you can enter SD only, but not XCO only?)

SD only entry is availa le and can be found at www.nationalseries.com.au

- Is there a list somewhere of which categories will make use of the shortened (12km) XCP lap?

This is being finalised, but will certainly be the U15 class. The option is open to all to turn back at the half way (obviously resulting in a DNF)- but Stonefly is worth the struggle!

- Is there a list of which categories will start together, or wave gaps, for the XCP?

Not yet, but it will be similar to the XCO albeit with bigger start waves.

- What order will riders be called up for the SD?

Yet to be finalised.

Also amongst the questions was "should I bring the 26" or 29"? :)
I'm not sold on this whole 29er thing ;)

See you all at Buller- don't forget entries are now live until Sunday. www.nationalseries.com.au

Simon