2010 Giant Glory 00 or 2011 Giant Glory 01

mikekx

Squid
Which bike would be better? I could probably pick up a 2010 glory 0 for almost the same price as the 2011 glory 1. I like the look of the 2011 glory 1 better, but i had a bad experience with avid juicy 5's stuffing up on every ride and rockshox pike forks making a clicking sound everytime they went up and down, so i dont know about the reliability of avid and rockshox :(

What bike would last longer and be a better bike? Thanks, Mike. :)

PS: i did a search, but i couldnt find this question answered.

dh1

Likes Dirt
Thats because no one can really answer this question for you. Boxxers arent pikes and avid have better brakes the juicy 5

best way to know is just test ride 2010 glory 00 and 01

hazza6542

Eats Squid
Sure the 2011 looks mad, but it's 40's RC4 and full Saint gear you're turning down for a paint job. Bit hard to justify the specs if you can get the DH0, but thats my view at least

pyrop

Likes Bikes
Sure the 2011 looks mad, but it's 40's RC4 and full Saint gear you're turning down for a paint job. Bit hard to justify the specs if you can get the DH0, but thats my view at least
I'll third that... no if, buts or maybe's

mikekx

Squid
haha ok so the components are really good on the glory 0's. I thought it was the same quality on both, just from different manufacturers untill i saw the price difference :p

nic1894

Likes Bikes and Dirt
haha ok so the components are really good on the glory 0's. I thought it was the same quality on both, just from different manufacturers untill i saw the price difference :p
say what ? they are both exactly the same frames and are both made at exactly the same place.... just one has more expensive components some may think they are better (me not being one of those people as i dislike saint gearing and brakes as well as the 40's thin lowers), i suggest you get the 2010 00 as it does come with better components then the 2011 01 and they are almost exactly the same as a 2011 00 anyway.up to personal preference really, it sounds like you have had problems with sram stuff (rockshox and avid being owned by sram) so maybe you should try out the shimano saint group set.

Nautonier

Eats Squid
having purchased a 2010 Glory 1 and having to fork out for an RC4 because the vivid on the back was so average I wish I had spent the extra cash on the 00 to start with... i'm sure the new vivids are better, but they're not in the same league as an RC4.

nic1894

Likes Bikes and Dirt
having purchased a 2010 Glory 1 and having to fork out for an RC4 because the vivid on the back was so average I wish I had spent the extra cash on the 00 to start with... i'm sure the new vivids are better, but they're not in the same league as an RC4.
or you could get and elka for half the price that comes custom valved for the bike ?
worked alright for me ;) haha