2010 Commencal Supreme 6 Vs 2008 Norco 6

aero165

Likes Dirt
Time to pick some brains.

I've owned 3 Norco Six's in a row. Loved everyone of them, they do everything I want really well. I'm starting to feel it's time for a change and I've always been interested in Commencal bikes and the Supreme 6 has tickled my fancy for a while.

I'd like some impressions from people who have ridden both bikes. I mostly ride DH followed by AM them a tiny, tiny bit of XC with my sissy friends. My Six is fitted with Talas 180-140 forks which work great, Mavic,Hope wheels, SLX cranks, sunline bar and stem with other changes and upgrades left and right, all of these parts will be heading onto the next bike I get and I'll be running a 2x9 drivechain.

I'm mostly just after a change for my own entertainment.. Plus I love the commencal orange.

Questions:
What would the Commencal be like for AM duties?
What's the frame weight like compared to the Six?
Is it a real Mini DH sled? Would my 180's take real advantage of this?
Are there any issues with Commencal bikes I need to know about?
What size would I be, I'm about 5'11, just under 6'. Currently riding a L six but am about to swap the frame over for a M as I feel the L is too big. Won't know for sure until I do

Another bike I'd be interested in is the 2010 SX trail, opinions?

Thanks!

Last edited:

keldave1

Likes Dirt
The onlyhelp I can offer is I've riden both platforms in DH versions and they are both very good bikes.

I currently ride my 2010 comencal DH V2 and couldn't be happier. It's the most fun machine to ride as it is alittle drifty in the back end, so you end up going a bit sideways in corners that your still under brakes on all with a grin from ear to ear knowing that when you get to the corner she will hookup and just rail.
My AM bike is a Corsair Marque and would gladly swap it for a freeride version of my Downhill rig. :fat:

The norco is a four bar linkage system that has provenitself well over the years and also fun to ride.

The only negative I have for my commencal is that it is very hard to get it repainted the same colour.....

aero165

Likes Dirt
The onlyhelp I can offer is I've riden both platforms in DH versions and they are both very good bikes.

I currently ride my 2010 comencal DH V2 and couldn't be happier. It's the most fun machine to ride as it is alittle drifty in the back end, so you end up going a bit sideways in corners that your still under brakes on all with a grin from ear to ear knowing that when you get to the corner she will hookup and just rail.
My AM bike is a Corsair Marque and would gladly swap it for a freeride version of my Downhill rig. :fat:

The norco is a four bar linkage system that has provenitself well over the years and also fun to ride.

The only negative I have for my commencal is that it is very hard to get it repainted the same colour.....
Thanks for that :)