2010/2011 Vic DH State Series Official Discussion Thread!!

kill_switch

Dead-set Idiot
All the things wrong? (and yes, that's the correct spelling for 'wrong'). I make one suggestion to try and improve shuttles and now I should leave (not 'leeve') my bike at home?
Seeing as the organizers (the ones who co-ordinate the races) are addressing this it would suggest that it is possibly something that needed doing, would it not?
I hope common sense prevails over the 'she'll be right' attitude that is too often adopted.

This is a thread for helping to improve the series, that can only happen when people highlight areas that they believe can be worked on, rather than just sitting there and telling people that try and help to shut up.

Anyway, the people that need to know, know. So I'm done.
This just goes to show how much of a dick head you are. Not everyone is the best speller and having you nit pick on their mistakes just goes to show how much of a cock you are.

DERP

S.

ex offender
Alright boys and girls, take it easy, if you're still wanting to discuss how shuttles were driven then feel free to write a slightly miffed letter to the Herald Sun, until then let's leave the bitching for a while and focus on the obvious next subject...

... Barjarg is going to be off its tits!

Puppet Master

Likes Dirt
I know it's a week ago now but again I'd like to thank all the organisers and volunteers.

1) the girls in timing were fantastic
2) the Girls in rego were fantastic (same 4) they had a new system to use and 350 people all turned up at 9am to register. So that's going to be hard work for them, but the good news is that now the rego has been used once, in theory at least it should be just a few seconds for each rider. All you info is in the system, so they'll check your name and DOB or address and click print.
3) Stuart W who wrote the program for the rego system
4) Benny Reynolds for great track work all weekend nad prior to the race.
5) Dave Rees for holding all the sh*t together
6) the Shuttle drivers, for doing a grand job most of the time.

I'm gonna hold my hand and say I did some driving on Saturday afternoon, and thought I'd try and keep up with Scott, but decided half way up my first run that it was probably a bit daft trying to keep up with him while I was dragging a trailer. So I took it back a few %. At no time did I think I was driving dangerously, or that I was on the edge. If you were in one of my shuttles and you felt scared, please accept my apologies... and grow a pair (Joke!!!) in all seriousness if I'm driving for Pro practice at Barjarg and you want me to slow down, just shout up! I won't bite.

Sorry for the essay!!
Pommie John

A5P13

Likes Bikes
There is a few approaches which could be taken to ensure this occurs less frequently.

1. Sign post before sections that there is a jump coming up or a hard obstacle. I know in the past Buller and You Yangs has done this. They even point arrows to the B-line
2. Where possible bunt the track wider with pull over points in these sections so riders can completely remove themselves from the track and even lay their bike down and have a look at a more experienced rider perform it.
3. Shuttles on Saturday mornings do not start till 10am ussually. Encourage people to rego online so they have more time in the morning or turn up earlier and offer shuttles to the top of the track so riders can have a look at what they are about to ride without there bikes so that they can work out were they are going before their first run.

When I first raced, the scariest aspect was the perceived tracks difficulty, its hard enough for some beginners to negotiate getting down the track without the thought of faster riders breathing down their neck telling them to pull over. Even being an elite/expert rider an offered track walk is benificial, Im sure like myself most of these guys would also be happy to take a group of inexperienced/unconfident riders down and show them the easier lines etc.
Great suggestions!

Eildon was my 1st race, I've done ride days at youies before and I thought signage was going to be at every race. It dose help alot, especially for n00bs like me who have trouble enough as it is remembring whats next yet alone what lines I want to ride.

Wider points near obsticals would be great, I spend most my time catching my breath before I know im about to stack :)

Walking the track in a group was a great idea. Did it with a few mates who showed me some lines that definatly made a difference and helped me to prepare for what it was going to be like on the way down.

It would be nice if there was one way to give something back to the volenteers. Maybe a donation tin or something that can go towards getting them food. Do they have to pay for their own lunches and stuff?

Anyways, super excited for Barjarg.

(Don't mean to deviate, but if I could get some people opinions on this thread it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!)

Last edited:

Riedy

Likes Dirt
Will we be seeing some series standings soon on the vdhs website?? because after the first 2 races im keen to see where i sit overall in the class.

24alpha

mtbpicsonline.com
Will we be seeing some series standings soon on the vdhs website?? because after the first 2 races im keen to see where i sit overall in the class.
Not usually after only 2 rounds. Please be patient as the person doing it usually has a heap of other thnigs on.

AshR

Likes Dirt
Starting to get keen for Buller :)

Going for a ride up there after new years on my freshly serviced rear shock (hopefully not punted over the bars again like Barjarg) interesting to see the new track up there.

andy73

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I'm sure it's been covered elsewhere but i can't find the answer to this. Does my entry fee at Buller pay for the lift ticket as well?

swanny

Likes Dirt
Yeah, the entry fee does cover your chairlift pass for Saturday and Sunday. But keep in mind that the chair is open every day (correct me if im wrong) in January, so you could ride the trails everyday from now til the race, at $53.00 per day, or cheaper for season pass.
Went up there last week, and the tracks were really good. Super fast and flowing quite nicely. Still rough and tough, but heaps of fun.

Also remember that for the VDHS race we encourage everyone to pre register online, at www.vicdhseries.com
The entries will be capped at 400 riders, so if your too late, unfortunately you might have to go home, with no riding, so please pre register. 400 sounds like a lot, but Buller always get bigger numbers than usual and we had 380 at Eildon in the snow!!!!

Cant wait for it.........But in the meantime dont forget Baw Baw National race will be next weekend, and as usual it will be awesome. Same track with some great improvements. Lets show those interstate crew what a real race looks like, old school, balls out, massive hangover racing, fog, MUD MUD MUD, bring it on.
Cost is only 20 more than a VDHS and extra riding on Friday if you want it.

Bring on Vic racing.............6 races in Vico in the next 10 weeks..........Better start training.

Matt.

andy73

Likes Bikes and Dirt
6 races in Vico in the next 10 weeks..........Better start training.

Matt.
Better start training?! Better start saving up to buy my wife something shiny from Tiffany's to make up the huge domestic debt I'm going to rack up!

AshR

Likes Dirt
Better start training?! Better start saving up to buy my wife something shiny from Tiffany's to make up the huge domestic debt I'm going to rack up!
ROFLMAO

I think I'm in the same boat... though wife doesn't like Tiffany's so much, maybe dinner out somewhere :) (win win I think)

24alpha

mtbpicsonline.com
ROFLMAO

I think I'm in the same boat... though wife doesn't like Tiffany's so much, maybe dinner out somewhere :) (win win I think)
Better yet, take her away for a nice romantic weekend away, say.........Mt Buller? Yackandandah or even the lovely Shep?:D Jeeze, if you take her away to every race for the rest of the season, she'll be in dept to you.:cool:

aceyone

Likes Dirt
Better yet, take her away for a nice romantic weekend away, say.........Mt Buller? Yackandandah or even the lovely Shep?:D Jeeze, if you take her away to every race for the rest of the season, she'll be in dept to you.:cool:
Nah... I tried that. If the wife comes along she ends up riding and I'm looking after the kids.:rolleyes:

(Edit: Er... only joking, honey. Honey? :eek:)

Last edited:

Whitie

Likes Dirt
6 races in 10 weeks!!!!!

Take it from a wife - my three forgot my birthday last year (Big Hill) and boy are they still paying for it. I got a nice new digital SLR that always needs bigger lenses and bags etc for me to take good photos of them.:)And Christmas required some nice bling (and not for the bike!!!) only 120 days until my next birthday..........

Aceyone as you know someone tried to convince me that going halves in a bike was a good idea. Well with the new year and resolutions, I have decided since I've only ridden it a handful of times I'm not paying anymore!!!!!!! I'll just keep riding the old hand me down and save my money and buy my own if Im not completely broke from the three lots of entries for the next 10 weeks.:)