2009 Australian MTB National Championships is on TV today.

joy boy

Likes Dirt
sounds like they're gonna televise the Canberra WC as well, must keep and eye out for it when it comes around, anybody know when the first WC round is? I've searched and can never find it.

trouble

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I think the footage and coverage was pretty good, although I would have liked to have seen more of the U19+Elite footage, like more riders in downhill....seemed somewhat lacking compared to 4X and XC, and so much for the hotseat "who will we see in it today" i didn't see anyone in it actually except the commentator hahaha.

scblack

Leucocholic
I have recorded it onto my DVD recorder hard drive, I'll print off a DVD copy of the show if anyone wants one.

To cover postage and stuffing around, just send me $5, and I'll post to you.

I will not keep it long, so PM me if you want a copy.

Downhill Domination

Captyvate Media
Sam Hill WTF?

Did anyone notice that Sma Hill left the gate open for 5 seconds IN HIS RACE RUN and then left?
That's why he did so shit! He let his competitors get a whole 5 seconds more then him on purpose, what was he thinking!

Does anyone have any explanation for this? :confused:
I'm stumped!

no_3

Likes Bikes
Did anyone notice that Sma Hill left the gate open for 5 seconds IN HIS RACE RUN and then left?
That's why he did so shit! He let his competitors get a whole 5 seconds more then him on purpose, what was he thinking!

Does anyone have any explanation for this? :confused:
I'm stumped!

he probably wants his international competitors to think he's not a threat on the track, plus it gives him an excuse for not winning.

I would say it was more like 3 or 4 seconds that he waited for, certainly not 5, which still would have left him a good 4 seconds short of Hannah and Graveys time on the track, but probably would have seen him come in for 3rd.

Thanks to SBS for their ongoing coverage and support of MTB, to see racing on TV is sick!

Also, i thought it was cool to see what looks to be a pretty damn hard XC course! Sections look damn scary to be doing with a seat up your dot!

dan-492

Likes Dirt
Thanks to SBS for their ongoing coverage and support of MTB, to see racing on TV is sick!

Also, i thought it was cool to see what looks to be a pretty damn hard XC course! Sections look damn scary to be doing with a seat up your dot!
yeah its great to see mountain biking on tv.

im a DH man myself but i was also impressed with the rocky, steep sections in the xc course.

Lanky Love

Likes Dirt
I was happy to see some mtbing on tv, but the coverage was a bit shit i thought. In the xc they showed hammer head which is good but all the other good bits were shot from a distance so you couldnt aprreciate the A lines on the climb and stuff. And the DH wasnt much better I think, I dont know the much of the DH track but I know there were some better bits than what they showed.

But it was still good to watch.

Riedy

Likes Dirt
sounds like they're gonna televise the Canberra WC as well, must keep and eye out for it when it comes around, anybody know when the first WC round is? I've searched and can never find it.
They said it will be on like september this year, but i cant remember what date they said.