2008 Norco Fluid LT 2, Swing arm failure

DirtFix

Likes Dirt
So I have a 2008 model Norco Fluid LT 2 that has been sitting in the garage since new, only really done a few fire trails and some street riding up until late last year when i pulled my finger out and got back into serious riding. Long story short, i was experiencing some horrid rear brake noise for the last two or three rides then last weekend SNAPPO! The seat stay section of the swing arm snapped right above where the gusset is welded onto the underside of the tube. After doing a bit of a search on here i found a comment that these bikes were prone to this and that the fix was to fit a replacement swing arm section that had square tubing rather that the circular tubing that mine has. It was apparently only a problem in the first round of bikes then it was rectified. I have gotten on to the Aussie distributor and am hoping for a replacement swing arm (they are calling me back) i guess i just want to know if anyone else has experienced this? Did you get it fixed up by Norco? Was it a recall? Is there anything at all that substantiates this story. I was really enjoying the bike so was bitterly dissapointed when it failed. I know its an 08 but it really has seen little to no use since purchase so i was not expecting this.

DirtFix

Likes Dirt
Forgot all about this thread. Better post an update. Frame was fixed under warrantly by Norco. Good people at Norco! Great customer support. Advanced traders here in Australia to. Good job! Apparently its a factory fault.

kwikee

Likes Dirt
Good story. I bet it will help keep you as a Norco rider in the future, too.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

moorey

call me Mia
I've got an 09 Fluid LTS 1 as my go-to AM bike. Rides beautifully, pedals very well. Glad to hear you sorted it :thumb: