2008 marzocchi 888 rc3 wc compession adjuster problem

NZSNOWDOG

Likes Dirt
I recently brought a set of the above forks.They seem to work nicely,and are super plush,but the compression adjuster on the bottom of the fork leg is super hard to adjust,and has a very limited range of movement(about 1/4 of a turn).
Any thoughts would be appreciated.

NZSNOWDOG

Likes Dirt
Also any suggestions on where to get a service manual for the forks(couldnt seem to find any more than an owners manual on the marzocchi site).

MARKL

Eats Squid
I may need counseling after this...brings back memories. I used to have a set of 2008 888 ATA WC that liked to forget they were a 200mm downhill fork and would have a crack at being 160mm or even 130 just for the hell of it...I reckon I can rebuild the air spring side in my sleep. At least you don't have that debacle going on with your forks. The compression leg never gave me much trouble. The only time I had an issue similar to what you are describing was the compression adjuster had hit something and was not sitting square on the leg - easy to fix just undo the grub screw, line it up properly and tighten up. If that's not it I got nothing.

Technical manual? I gave up and sold them on...