2006 Norco Aline S $1800 Another Price drop! Sold PP

Superman

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Item: 2006 Norco A-Line S
Item Condition: Good
Reason for selling: Stopping DH riding
Price and price conditions: $1800 plus postage. Could possibly deliver to Melbourne and Regional Victoria. No reasonable offer refused!
Extra Info: First of all I'm not going to bullshit here. I have had this bike for near spot on one year, when I bought it new. The frame and a few of the parts are scratched, some more than others and some of them I would say lots. But they still work properly, and have always met my demands. I have looked after the bike myself and rebuild it almost as much as I ride it.

Frame – 2006 Norco A-line. With stock Fox DHX 3.0 shock and a 350 LBS spring to give either 9” or 8.1” of rear wheel travel. The frame has all new bearings in the linkage and is running smooth. The paint itself is chipped and scratched in random spots, but there are no cracks or dents.

Forks – 2006 Marzocchi 888VF2 forks. 200mm travel. Smooth travel. The “Bomber” sticker on the side is a bit mashed from hitting a rock – but that’s why they make those stickers 3mm thick, so what matters doesn’t take the hit. There is a scratch on the stanchion but it does not affect the function of the fork.

Wheels – Sun S-types on generic hubs. Spin freely. Strong. 2 dints in the rear one which don’t do anything to performance. Both rims have some scratches but not heaps, and the back more than the front. The front tyre has about 90% tread and is a Maxxis Minion F 2.5” 40a. The rear on the other hand is about 50% tread, Maxxis Minion F 2.5” 42a. Both tyres are dual ply so they’re pretty hard to pinch.

Drivetrain – 38t Chainring. 11-23t Shimano Ultegra 9spd Cassette. Sram PC99 Hollowpin 9spd chain. Sram Attack 9spd shifter. Shimano Ultegra short cage derailleur. Hussefelt Howitzer cranks and BB.

Brakes – Shimano Saint with 8” rotors front and rear. A few scuffs on the levers. One of the levers bent a little but I bent it back and it seems fine. I’ve heard of people having bent back Shimano levers for years with no worries. Pads are original and still have plenty of meat on them.

Controls – New Hussefelt bars. Roadie (Carbon/Ti rails) seat which has a bit of foam to make it comfy enough. Marzocchi direct mount stem. DMR V12 Magnesium pedals, one is missing a pin. Seat post is a generic single bolt one.

So I think that’s about it, things I am able to through in, some free, others for a little bit more $$ –
Spare used hand chain.
Grips
Tubes
Short seat post
Syncros Bulk 710mm wide bars
Frame Bearings
Hussefelt stem.
8” Hayes rotor.
Gloves – Goggles – Jersey – Socks

If you have any questions or queries and want to talk business I ask you to call me on 0431 705 899. My name is Sam. If you are unable to call me then PM me.
Pictures: In a few days. I do have some that are a few months old if you cant wait!

Sam

Last edited:

Ozza

Eats Squid
Come on guys this bikes nuts! The frames havent changed crap all and this bikes in prime working order. Sam always takes care of his bike, i dont even think it leaves the house without having a full tune/ look over before hand.