2006 mongoose black diamond single

3viltoast3r

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Crack prone..........

I personally wouldnt touch an 06' Mongoose.....Not sure about '07 but I think the remedied the issue

Hungie

Likes Dirt
Great starter dually

My first dually was an 06 BDS. It peddled really well especially with the dual chain ring set up and telescoping seat post they came with. A bit on the heavy side, but pretty decent for the money you can pick them up for especially these days. Fork can be tuned with adding or taking air with a shock pump (no rebound adjust though). Shock comes with a pretty firm spring but can be changed pretty cheaply if you want. I would say great bike to start D/H or F/R on or a beefy all mountain rig. Then later down the track when you know exactly what kind of riding you like you can upgrade. I have heard of some issues with frames cracking, but I had no dramas with mine at all. Maybe a bit of rider misuse caused a lot of the problems?. Hope this helps champ

Futile

Likes Bikes and Dirt
There hectic, absolutly loved mine, great frame, pedal's amazing.
I should know, i owned one..
Oh yeah, sorry I sold my old BDT before you could buy it :eek:

gooser

Likes Bikes
They ride fairly well, I remember mine cornered really well, never had any issues otherwise. Seemed solid enough, no reason why I can't recomend one........recomended.

swatto90

Likes Dirt
love it

i got one with totems on the front it rides so well on stomlo. really stable bike have no issues with it at all

tumble

Likes Dirt
I chose an new 06 BDS over a Stinky at the end of 06 & never looked back. I would have still liked the Stinky but I preferred the look & feel of the Black Diamond & the fact they're not as common. After a while I upgraded the brakes & went to Boxxers & it was a sweet little bike. I'm 90 kg & I never felt it stressing or wanting to crack whatsoever. Also I heard from people "Oh they have small pivots which shag out, blah, blah, blah" but I didn't have any play in the 2 years I owned it. Natural progression led me to upgrade from it almost 2 years ago but it did the job good.
Hope this helps.

Last edited:

puffnfresh40

Likes Dirt
Went to my local trail by myself and meet these to young dudes down there having a ride. anyways, these kids thought they were top shit. anyhoo the topic of mongoose dh bikes arose. straight up one of the kids said that they were shit little kmart bikes.... what is it with people and thinking that mongoose bikes are just not good? personally ive riden a double and found it be really nice. but just because they sell their cheap sh*t bmxs for 400 bucks it means that every bike they made is sh*t... makes me angry ay. id definetly buy a mongoose for sure... they are great bikes. and about the cracking on the frames, im pretty sure if you push a frame to its limits theres a chance its going to crack. sure they are not much compared to giant or yeti frames, but what you would expect from a 1-2 grand bike to a 5 grand bike which could be considred indestructable. Ive riden a dh1, big hit and a BDD and the BDD really stands out to me.