2004 Turner DHR (M) - SOLD : now with photos

black rider

Likes Dirt
Item: 2004 Turner DHR, medium
Item Condition: See extra info below...
Reason for selling: Not riding DH.
Price and price conditions: SOLD - I'd like the buyer to have the opportunity to inspect and know what they're getting, so I'd prefer pick up.
Extra Info:
Ok, this is where it gets sticky... The frame is cracked. There're minor cracks on the welds near the front of the shock mount - apparently quite common on these frames. They appear to follow the exposed part of the shock mount, not where the weld joins the mount to the downtube. There's also what looks like a crack on one of the gussets near the headtube - this is the result of the fork bumper slightly denting the weld / gusset in a tankslap, not from fatigue. It basically hasn't shown up on the otherside of the gusset, nor along the edge, so it may be just a flaw in the paint? I've been keeping an eye on them for at least 2 years and they've shown no signs of growth.

Anyway, I've advertised the bike at what I consider a reasonable price for the components, the frame'd be almost free. If there's no interest as is, I'll turn the frame into a coffee table / outsider art, and sell off the rest of the parts...

Rest of the specs:-
Fork: 2006 Boxxer Race
Shock: 2006 Fox DHX 5.0
Hubs: Fr: Aerial, Rr: Hope bulb
Rims: Mavic 321 / 729
Cranks: Holzfeller
Chainguide: Blackspire
Brakes: Hope 203mm M4 front, 185mm mini rear
Bars: Protapers
Tyres: Minions

Apart from the cracks, the bike rides well. Well, it did - I haven't ridden it for about 10months. There's a few scratches, but you get that. Forks have been maintained, no stanchion (sp) scratches. Shock hasn't done too much work at all. Bearings were replaced not long ago. Brakes work; pads are good but I'll throw in a spare set of front and rears. Spare Romic shock, too. Rear rim has a couple of dings.

Any questions; best to contact me via PM. Cheers.

Pictures:
Pretty much as it is now, but doesn't have the orange / black stickers. The mainframe's all silver.
1. Gusset crack. Taken 18/12/2005 - hasn't changed.

2. Weld at front of shock mount. Taken from non-drive side.

Last edited:

black rider

Likes Dirt
Brakes: Hope 203mm M4 front, 185mm mini rear

Pedals are scratched up, grips looking a bit worse for wear, if you want to use the Romic it'll need a service...