2 users, 1 trail

Group one:
recently i have been constructing a somewhat FR trail and all has been going well, have worked hard not to chop down any tree's or kill any in my way, all good so far.

Group two:
another group of guys that are into DJ's have started to rebuild a flat area a hundred meters into the track, it was all good to start off with as the original track was just cleared and jumps were rebuilt. but lately they have started to extend jurning the sorrounding bush into a lumber yard with hald cut down trees and bare batches and holes for dirt everywhere

the major problem is that i have only just spoken to a local resident who had previously admired the track for the drops, jumps and craftsmanship. after her walk today she stopped to talk to me about how she was disctusted with what it had turned into and how the new lumberyard needs to stop, if it does not stop she will be forced to write to council.

What can i do

scratchy

Farkin Activist
So you're problems all started when someone started to modify an existing track. If you made the track you need to have some ownership of it. Spread the word to all the local bike shops if it's a small town, talk to other riders. You need to sort this out quickly before they do any more damage and ruin what you've got going.

Any other suggestions?

nah i made my track around an abandoned dj track that was no longer in use, once other saw it they decided they would come back and make an effort with the DJ's, the major problem is that they are causing so much dmage in the way of removed tree's and big holes that im worried a council man will be informed and pick me up when he turns green and snaps me in half!!

fleshbone

Likes Bikes and Dirt
call us up brent,get scott and a few other dudes,and we can go visit them if ya want,because if your track gets destroyed because of them,i'll be pissed.:mad:

RSrecon

Likes Bikes
so obviously they aren't exaclty little kids are they? coz little kids wuldnt be capable of this...but if they were ;)

hardtailer

Likes Dirt
RSrecon said:
so obviously they aren't exaclty little kids are they? coz little kids wuldnt be capable of this...but if they were ;)
what cutting down trees and digging holes??:confused: i have seen 6 year old's doing that:p . i suggest spending a few days there and waiting till they come up to build and tell them the situation. im sure they wouldn't want there time they spend building destroyed as much as you.

Yeah little kids love that kinda stuff...i remember the days digging up my grandparents farm creating jumps etc. However ruining everyones fun and destroying the joint isnt on. You should go get them to help fix it or have a chat at least. good luck

well its official council have now been informed, i'm going out to buy some rabiit traps and hide them along the track, lets just hope no friendly's go down for a few months, see how the council go getting my track with metal jaws attached to their ankles!

fattyandthepiemakers

I ride an STP
beginner_giantDH said:
well its official council have now been informed, i'm going out to buy some rabiit traps and hide them along the track, lets just hope no friendly's go down for a few months, see how the council go getting my track with metal jaws attached to their ankles!
You are a fucking idiot. How is planting metal jawed traps like this going to...

Save your tracks?
Prove to the council that what you are doing is not wrong?
Express your maturity?
Give the MTBing community a good name?

Plus it's also kind of illegal as far as I know, at least on public land.

arpit

Banned
No fatty, its a great idea. Its his trail. He took the effort to build it; now he needs to make the effort to protect it.

For your information, rabbit traps won't do anything. Rabbit traps look like

As you can see, they are fairly harmless.

I recommend BEAR traps

There area bout 240000 human deaths from bear traps a year in the USA. This proves how effective they are!
Remember to use deep pickets to hold the traps down, so the council workers can't just walk off with the trap attached to their foot!

However, what happens if they manage to avoid the traps! you need other lines of defence!
I recommend

as well as some nice barriers..... something along the lines of

A big problem is that councils don't respect us mountainbikers. Now if these don't blow some respect into 'em, nothing will:

------------------
Edit- what? you were joking? wuss.

Last edited:

nik_1974

Likes Dirt
beginner_giantDH said:
wow fatty, you really need to calm down! you should learn that most extremists still live in akadaka land and over here its called a joke!
Hahahahahahaha nice one:D

hey "arpit" the rabbit traps i know bout are like your bear traps but s smaller version, and theres no way i would want to step on one, but hey, if you know where i can purchase some claymore mines, let me know

mitch_giantac

Likes Dirt
yah i agree with fattyandthepiemakers not about the traps but u need to do is get the council to understand that what you are doing is not the cause of the distructinon it is the little shits, u should still use the traps but on the dicks reacking it for u!!!!!

Last edited:

ashhash

Likes Dirt
Well if its council land and you dont have permission then stiff shit, how many times is this going to come up?? :rolleyes:

mace

Squid
bush walkers

I have the same problem every time i build
a track bush walkers or other riders either
smash it or complane to the council..
does anyone else have this problem.