1X Reign X1

ovadahill

Likes Bikes and Dirt
2007 Reign X1 Main mods: DHX 5 Ti spring, XTR/XT brakeset, XTR crankset

Specs: stock Van 36R fork, EA70 seatpost, stock SDG saddle

Stock X9 derailleur, Ultegra 12-27 cassette, DHX5 with NukeProof Ti spring

Sunline V-one Bar and Stem

XTR brake levers, Lizard Skin Logo lock on grips, Straitline Bar caps

'08 XT brake calipers 203mm F, 160mm R (standard Shimano rotors)

XTR crank 165mm, Atomlab Trailking pedals

Stock wheelset, Minion 2.5 DHF front, Lopes BlingBling 2.35 rear

Weight 16.3kg (35.9lbs)
What wheelset does this bike really need?/: Mavic 721/Hope ProII or Mavic Crossmax SX.

Last edited:

RYDA

Likes Bikes and Dirt
thats a sweet bike

looks heaps stronger than previous models

giant respect!!!!!

(my 100th post)

wooooot!!!

floody

Wheel size expert
Spectacular! Would look sensational next to my STP :D

Where did you get the extremely fresh looking M950 XTR cranks?

Crossmax SX for sure.
However 721/ProII is a good combo, should drop ~200g and pick up some rock garden resistance.

Last edited:

Pete J

loves his dog
Noice! Absolutely love it, congrats on putting together such a sweet ride. :cool:
Only thing i'd change is how you bolted your stem up... :p

Where did you get the extremely fresh looking M950 XTR cranks?
There is a shop here selling n.o.s XTR FC-M952DH cranks for 100e, do you want to be hooked up?

Cameo

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Love the old XTR crankset, they've gotta be the one of the most drooled-over items I know in regards to the bicyle.

Bike looks fresh mate, agile and ready for anything. still got that suburban kicking around?

hayd

Likes Dirt
Man I wish I had the money to make mine look like that. Have you thought of putting a chain device (DRS) on there? Apart from that looks great.

ovadahill

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Have you thought of putting a chain device (DRS) on there? Apart from that looks great.
I thought about going single chainring but I still enjoy being able to climb up to the start of the DH instead of pushing. Haven't dropped the chain yet - even on the Kuranda DH track. I'd like to copy UDI's setup with a e13 SRS + MRP carbon bashie.

Dirt king

Likes Bikes and Dirt
That is the best X.1 I have ever seen. :eek:

The spec is amazing, all XT and XTR, man you must be so pleased with it, should ride amazingly.

Can't wait to see some action shots of you on it, and by the way the weight is insane, nice work, I want to steal it. :D

hayd

Likes Dirt
Haven't dropped the chain yet
I didn't either until a few months ago, and since then I've dropped it about 10 times. And seeing as I bent my left shifter (front derailleur) two weeks ago, which prevents me from changing gears, I think that the SRS is the logical choice

ovadahill

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I didn't either until a few months ago, and since then I've dropped it about 10 times. And seeing as I bent my left shifter (front derailleur) two weeks ago, which prevents me from changing gears, I think that the SRS is the logical choice
;) That's why I only upgraded my right hand shifter.

Dirt king

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I was just looking at your bike really closely, and what are those pedals, who makes them?

Thanks

Also, maybe put a spec list up, your bike is amazing, it deserves one. :D

rtd

Likes Dirt
dear mother of god. that is like THE perfect bike right there. well done mate.
^Agreed 110%^... Probably my dream bike - I bet it corners insanely well. I really do approve of your parts choices, especially in regards to the atomlab pedals and ti spring. I'd say go the Crossmax SX.

Rich.