'13 Stumpy Comp Evo Fork Upgrade...

rj-c

Squid
I'm looking to upgrade from the rock shox RL 32. Fox don't make anything in the 150mm in either 34or 36. Will changing to a 160mm fork ruin the geo of the bike?

Shredden

Knows his goats
10mm of fork change will result in roughly 0.5 degree HA slackening, tiny bit higher BB.

Should improve the descending ability a little, as well as making it a little harder to make the front go where you want on the uphill.

Mr_hANky

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Buy fox 36 floats. they are adjustable internally down to whatever travel you want. Buy the 160's and wack a 10mm spacer in, its super easy to do.

rj-c

Squid
Specialized have a 34mm fox fork on the carbon expert with 150mm travel. Its a USA only bike though & not available from Fox. I wonder if i could order that here?

The 36 float is only available in white (i'd prefer black) What are the main differences between the float and talas? Are there any other brands i should be considering?

Shredden

Knows his goats
What are the main differences between the float and talas?
Float are a fixed travel, the only way to change it is by pulling them apart and putting a spacer in. TALAS can be adjusted between 3 positions on the fly.

Isildur

The Real Pedant
The other thing to consider is the A2C will be taller, for the same amount on travel, between the 32, 34 & 36 platforms. The 34 & 36 are quite similar, but there's a bit of a difference.

For instance, I was looking into what would happen if I changed from my RS Revelation 150s to a Fox Float 36 @ 150mm (adjusted internally), and came up with about 8 - 9mm. That would mean that at the full 160mm, there would be almost 20mm difference, or almost a full degree, between the two forks on my bike.

I'm still considering doing the Float 36 @ 150mm, but the RS Revs are still performing quite well at the moment!

mxh

Likes Dirt
Specialized have a 34mm fox fork on the carbon expert with 150mm travel. Its a USA only bike though & not available from Fox. I wonder if i could order that here?
Could that just be the standard 160mm fork with the 10mm spacer?

And as a moan, the carbon expert isn't a 'USA only' bike, it's an 'everywhere else but Australia' bike - NZ, UK, USA all get it, but not Aus. Pity, as I was after one.

What's your impressions of the Comp? Or does the fact that you're already looking at upgrades say something in itself?