120mm forks so which frame?

Sic

Likes Dirt
I know there a million which bike should I buy threads but this is a little different....

I'm currently running a hardtail but am looking at getting full suss frame for an all day trail ride thats capable on the ups and fun on the downs. Im happy with the spec of my bike so im looking at a frame and shock only option to port all my old stuff onto.

Now I was looking at the Banshee Spitfire or Rune but my current forks (Manitou Minutes, adjustable to 120mm) might screw with the geo, especially the Rune having 6 inchs of travel.

So I guess my question is can I run a 120mm fork with a 5 inch travel bike or should I be looking at a 4 inch frame?

Im open to suggestions on what frames people would suggest, I was also looking at a Commencal meta 55 and playing with the idea of a Diamondback Sortie (last years was 4 inch this years 5) but im open to opinions and suggestions across the board.

Australia

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I know there a million which bike should I buy threads but this is a little different....

I'm currently running a hardtail but am looking at getting full suss frame for an all day trail ride thats capable on the ups and fun on the downs. Im happy with the spec of my bike so im looking at a frame and shock only option to port all my old stuff onto.

Now I was looking at the Banshee Spitfire or Rune but my current forks (Manitou Minutes, adjustable to 120mm) might screw with the geo, especially the Rune having 6 inchs of travel.

So I guess my question is can I run a 120mm fork with a 5 inch travel bike or should I be looking at a 4 inch frame?

Im open to suggestions on what frames people would suggest, I was also looking at a Commencal meta 55 and playing with the idea of a Diamondback Sortie (last years was 4 inch this years 5) but im open to opinions and suggestions across the board.
Hmmmm interesting predicament, I know that the Norco Fluid range is typically specced with a fork that has less travel than the rear end, so i guess it doesnt mess with the geometry too much - as always finding such bikes and test riding them is your greatest tool in working out whether or not it will work

otherwise have a look at any of the other threads dealing with XC/AM bikes which are capableon the ups and fun on the downs... my stock suggestion these days is the Specialized Stumpjumper which is now 140 F+R, not sure if you can get it from only though... to go frame only you typically have to get a slightly more exotic frame (I see you were thinking that already) Santa Cruz Blur perhaps? Otherwise a Knolly Endorphin or Transition Covert may fit the bill... i also recall coming across a bike called the Canefield ONE in my AM bike search, it came frame only, but I can't remember much about it.

In other news, I have chosen which coloured grips I want to run (white) what frame should I buy?