kten

understands stuff moorey doesn't
Ride report...

I love this bike. Sizewise the K2 is spot on for my 185cm and the balance front front to rear gripwise is on point..

Climbing.
Hands down the most capable bike I've ridden for going up anything. Finds grip on the loosest of terrain and keeps the front wheel planted always. It flatters me no end going up and makes me look like I know what I'm doing. It has actually encouraged me to explore and attempt more ups as the margin for getting things a little squirrelly is huge. The crash I had on my first ebike going up a decent climb broke my big toe so it put me off trying silly climbs for a while but that memory is fading with the new confidence.

Zero bobbing when pedaling so all the anti whoha is correct.

Everywhere else.
Yes it is heavy. About 25 or 26kg. There are two occasions when I notice the weight. Putting the bike onto the car and when an unexpected obstacle needs to be popped or jumped. The effort in this scenario is reasonable but with practice and more confidence I'm learning to deal with it.

The Zeb fork has been the thing holding the bike back. At 190mm travel with the new charger 3 damper it's fine/good on smooth trails but as soon as chunk appears the feedback increases significantly and it's much less composed. The chassis is super stout so there is definitely more to come. I just fitted a smashpot (travel dropped to 180mm and a 10mm lower headset extender fitted) and this has significantly improved how active the fork is. To the point on the first ride I was overjumping landers as I was getting more energy returned to me off the face (with increased rebound too) so I'm feeling the 2023 airspring still has a bit of a soggy midstroke and a fair bit of friction too. I thought most of the hand pain felt over chunk was coming from the damper so sent a 2.1 Charger to Shockcraft to be tuned but after fitting the coil I've had zero hand pain so it'll be interesting to compare a tuned 2.1 to the 3...stay tuned :cool:

I'm a fan of longer chainstays and like the stability of a long wheelbase. Also the bike has a zero mm drop on the bottom bracket. According to the interwebs this means the bike won't turn and is going to feel strange to corner on. Not that Strava is exactly accurate but the fact that I've beaten pretty much every time I had on my Levo with the Pole, that's a decent indication that it's cornering very well. The Pole definitely responds to being ridden and can run a little wide if you don't commit to the turn but the handling seems to suit how I ride and it feels very natural to me.

Overall it is a well made, intelligently designed bike that hauls ass. Yes I wish the battery lock and the Bosch motor didn't rattle but apart from that it's gold (well, purple actually). Love how it looks too.

Last edited:

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
Nearly added to the tyre question. Yet to be decided if Vittoria's are as grippy as MaxxGrip DD's, just took them off the eeb and they were awesome... even if the rear had a wobble on 3rd ride and they wore out really fast. The grip was out of this world.

The Reverend

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Frame - Pole Voima K2
Rear shock - Cane Creek Kitsuma air currently but will be tuned Bomber coil
Front shock/fork - Rockshox Zeb @ 190mm travel
Handlebars - One Up carbon
Stem - Unite 35mm
Headset - Cane Creek Hellbender
Grips - Progrip
Saddle - Specialized something
Seatpost - KS
Front brake - Trickstuff Maxima
Rear brake - Hayes Dominion (waiting on longer braided line to change to TS)
Cranks - E13
Chainguide - None but I've dropped the chain twice now so it needs one
Chain - Shimano XT
Pedals - Deity T-Mac
Rear derailleur - Shimano XT
Rear shifter - Shimano XT
Cassette - Shimano XT
Front hub - Onyx classic
Rear hub - Chris King
Front rim - We Are One Union
Rear rim - We Are One Union
Total weight - eleventy eight thousand
View attachment 400874
View attachment 400875
Now that's gotta ride nicely. Looking forward to hearing the ride report, especially around weight and maneuverability. Rob Rides seems to love it.

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
Yes I wish the battery lock and the Bosch motor didn't rattle
It varies from motor to motor, some are really rattly and some not so bad.

Probably only needs a seal or something in the motor to stop the chainring clicking on pedal kickback, no doubt Bosch have looked at this and decided against it.

Mine is silent when pedalling so its only the chainring-motor interface that rattles when the suspension is getting a workout over rough trail.

kten

understands stuff moorey doesn't
It varies from motor to motor, some are really rattly and some not so bad.

Probably only needs a seal or something in the motor to stop the chainring clicking on pedal kickback, no doubt Bosch have looked at this and decided against it.

Mine is silent when pedalling so its only the chainring-motor interface that rattles when the suspension is getting a workout over rough trail.
Mine was silentish when pedaling but the upper lock has developed a decent rattle now too. I believe the upper mount can be adjusted so that's the next job.

Descending on the Pole is 20 times louder than the Levo which only makes tyre and rebound noise so any time that makes a squeak I'm hunting for the cause of the sound....Pole sounds like it's falling to bits but doesn't seem to worry me :D

Transmission has helped with the motor rattling with the stronger clutch but I do wonder if an ochain would be the silver bullet.

link1896

Mr Greenfield
Dougal at Shock Craft in NZ is your man.

Toss the Charger 3 cartridge and get a 2.1 and send it to Dougal.

Dougal bought a proper shock dyno last year, and is all over tuning that works